This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wow MS point expire

#31SheepinatorPosted 2/13/2014 5:21:00 PM
Sipher360 posted...
Most people aren't victims of violent crime. And yet, it's still considered a bad thing.

^^^Hahahaha...I like that response.

But, seriously, I wonder why would they make the cards expire? So as to not run out of code combinations or something? Just curious.

Greed. It's just one more example of MS' greed. As I said earlier, they've taken in the money and could expect to pay back out up to 70% to publishers when gamers use the money on Live. If it expires, they profit huge. And if gamers buy things they didn't really want, they profit too, since those gamers will have to add new money to buy the things they do want later.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#32infinitexxPosted 2/13/2014 5:26:06 PM
langystar posted...
kingvortex posted...
Points get converted to the equivalent monetary value when you redeem a points card now.
Existing points balances also got converted at some point.
I imagine that is what happened, rather than MS gifting you $50.
What is the value of 3500 points?

This, they didn't expire tc. MS changed from points to actual value.

Points from converted credit do expire, I forget how long, but something was stated around the conversion.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#33kingvortexPosted 2/13/2014 5:33:55 PM(edited)
I just checked my email and my points got converted in October last year. The mail states I have until June 2015 to use the balance. So, they gave me around 20 months to use the balance up. Luckily, it didn't take me long to spend £0.34!
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.1.4
#34GorillaReformedPosted 2/13/2014 8:37:19 PM
It's great to receive a letter in the mail.
---
A Mod replied on 2/13/2014 6:06:41PM:There is nothing in this topic that would suggest the phrase "diarrhea detective"is anything but a TOU violation.
#35Dragon NexusPosted 2/14/2014 10:38:53 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Sipher360 posted...
Most people aren't victims of violent crime. And yet, it's still considered a bad thing.

^^^Hahahaha...I like that response.

But, seriously, I wonder why would they make the cards expire? So as to not run out of code combinations or something? Just curious.

Greed. It's just one more example of MS' greed. As I said earlier, they've taken in the money and could expect to pay back out up to 70% to publishers when gamers use the money on Live. If it expires, they profit huge. And if gamers buy things they didn't really want, they profit too, since those gamers will have to add new money to buy the things they do want later.

Again...publisher/MS greed on this instance, but on-disc DLC is absolutely fine.
Okay...

And again, this is not somethine unique to Microsoft.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#36SheepinatorPosted 2/14/2014 10:53:10 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Again...publisher/MS greed on this instance, but on-disc DLC is absolutely fine.
Okay...

Err, as if on-disc DLC is even a remotely similar thing.

I recall in the past being told this happens all the time with gift cards, yet when asked for examples none are ever given.
---
#37Dragon NexusPosted 2/14/2014 12:36:28 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Okay...

Err, as if on-disc DLC is even a remotely similar thing.

I recall in the past being told this happens all the time with gift cards, yet when asked for examples none are ever given.

Why give examples when the majority of gift cards have an expiration?

Locking content behind a paywall is, to me, more nafarious than deleting your money after failing to use it for 2-3 years.
---
#38SheepinatorPosted 2/14/2014 12:57:14 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Why give examples when the majority of gift cards have an expiration?

I asked for examples of all the retailers who have sold gift cards with no expiration then later on retroactively changed the deal to have them expire soon. As expected, the only response was a weak attempt to obfuscate and change the subject.

Locking content behind a paywall is, to me, more nafarious than deleting your money after failing to use it for 2-3 years.

Offering something for money is worse than taking money and giving nothing in return?!! You aren't thinking that through.
---
#39dtmrPosted 2/14/2014 1:02:39 PM
When did Microsoft Points not expire? I recall they were always ticking time bombs.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#40Dragon NexusPosted 2/14/2014 2:11:07 PM
Sheepinator posted...
I asked for examples of all the retailers who have sold gift cards with no expiration then later on retroactively changed the deal to have them expire soon. As expected, the only response was a weak attempt to obfuscate and change the subject.

Er, no you didn't.

Sheepinator posted...

---