This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What shooters have guns that feel powerful? (from any year)

#11vigorm0rtisPosted 2/13/2014 6:08:28 PM
Sawed-off from Gears 3
Everything in Rage
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#12aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 6:28:55 PM
casedawgz posted...
MGS3.

That incredibly loud shotgun.

And snakes manly warcry while blasting away with the m60.

Now that I think about it, MGS4's guns felt pretty strong. Pistols, sniper rifles, MGs.....
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls, Lords of Shadow, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Borderlands.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#13slemeipssPosted 2/13/2014 7:35:59 PM
that bolt action sniper rifle in COD: Black Ops. every time you fire that thing it cracks like thunder
---
you wanna play me? - napoleon dynamite
#14AikonMonkPosted 2/13/2014 7:38:30 PM
GorillaReformed posted...
The Genocide Gun from EDF 2017

I love when 2 people shoot them off at the same time. The ensuing lag is friggin awesome. Slowmo destruction.
---
GT: DEDLY CUKE
#15GorillaReformedPosted 2/13/2014 9:39:54 PM
AikonMonk posted...
GorillaReformed posted...
The Genocide Gun from EDF 2017

I love when 2 people shoot them off at the same time. The ensuing lag is friggin awesome. Slowmo destruction.

So awesome. We're going to have to get a game together when the new one comes out.
---
A Mod replied on 2/13/2014 6:06:41PM:There is nothing in this topic that would suggest the phrase "diarrhea detective"is anything but a TOU violation.
#16Gigant0pithecusPosted 2/13/2014 11:26:36 PM
Most of the guns in ME3 feel pretty solid/powerful. Which was one of the reasons I loved it so much.

Halo 4 has several as well, and the shooting in general in that game feels much tighter/stronger than Halo 3 or Reach.

I wanna say Crysis 2 and MoH: Airborne but I don't remember much. I just have vague memories of them having really strong and well-done gunplay.

The first Gears of War surely is another one.

I also think The Darkness (first game) had very weighted/powerful pistols. I owned it on PS3 and don't think it had vibration at the time on the Dualshock 3, but I played it again on a friend's 360 and remember how some of the shooting felt.
---
XBL: Gigantopithecus
PSN: SugarPussPulled
#17Frost_LASERPosted 2/13/2014 11:55:40 PM(edited)
Perfect Dark N64/xbox arcade.

If anyone has played this game they would tell you that it has great guns.

1. Super Dragon - loud high damage assault rifle with a secondary feature that allows it to shoot like a semi automatic grenade launcher (as fast as you pull the trigger).

2. K7 Avenger - looks like a shark on the N64, Nuff said

3. Reaper - a triple rotating barrelled alien LMG with 400 rounds that wind up like a mini gun. When out of ammo the barrels can be used to grind people to death.

4. The lesser known N-bomb - a hand held neutron bomb that when thrown like a grenade disarms opponents, constantly drains their health, darkens the entire area it's thrown in, makes people hit by it incredibly dizzy and unable to see, and its loud enough to be heard anywhere on any map.

http://youtu.be/PuHRc_OW1LY

^ N bomb footage.

I guess ill add the Farsight XR-20 too. It's a rail gun that can shoot through any object, automatically track targets through walls and has been tested and literally does infinite damage.
#18gamewizard11Posted 2/14/2014 12:06:38 AM
Spartan Laser always makes me feel like a boss.
#19glassghost0Posted 2/14/2014 12:09:11 AM
Half Life - Gravity Gun
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#20OverburdenedPosted 2/14/2014 12:44:40 AM
Buffalo Rifle - Red Dead Redemption.

Binary Rifle - Halo 4.

Spartan Laser - Halo 3/Reach/4.

The .50cal Sniper Rifles on the CoD games are always pleasing to fire.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.