This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should XBL Be Cheaper? |NOT A TROLL TOPIC, Being Real.

#1XT3M3Posted 2/20/2014 12:26:21 PM
is the Price of XBL too "high" - Results (159 votes)
Yes. it should be lowered a few bucks
64.15% (102 votes)
No. its just fine the way it is, Stop being poor
23.27% (37 votes)
IDK/Maybe
4.4% (7 votes)
I dont Care. i only came here to see everyone points.
8.18% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
so Now that the "Welcome Program" link is down again (Free XBL for Silver members). im starting to see that many of people who used that program to obtain live are now unhappy that they can no longer get free Xbox Live, and would rather stay silver than to pay the amount to pay for live. which has me thinking, Does Xbox live cost too much money ?

1 month for 10 bucks*
3 months for 25*
a year for 60 *
(* = normal prices)

with Xbox live you get
- Access to Xbox Online and online things (Netflix/IE/ hulu etc)
- GWG

compared to PSN+ (NOT TROLLING BEING REAL )

1 month for 10 bucks*
3 months for 18*
a year for 50 *
(* = Normal prices)

With PSN+ you get
- Access to PS4 Online (you already have free access to the online on the other sony systems) and etc
-the PSN + games (which honestly have been better selections than GWG) and the ability to play them

so what do you think?
---
The proud fan of the Jason Kidd coached LOLNETS which was just beat by the superior LOLKNICKS, sponsored by Coke, Jim Beam and Barry's Party Ice
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 2/20/2014 12:27:50 PM
Even at full price it's sofa cushion money. Not enough to worry about.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#3josh924Posted 2/20/2014 12:31:04 PM
It should only be cheaper because PSN Plus is cheaper. Otherwise, even at $60 a year, its already cheap.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#4Oldskool_RulezPosted 2/20/2014 12:38:48 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...

I wish I had 60 dollars hiding in my couch. The most I ever find is a penny, or a quarter if I'm really lucky.

Also, I don't mind the prices for Xbox Live. If I cannot afford it for a month, no big deal. I just buy it when I can afford it, then all is good. Plus, Xbox Live is one of the best gaming services IMO. So, I don't mind giving Microsoft my money, as long as they keep the service going strong.
---
You don't need a reason to help people.
Don't y'all know nothin'?
#5AWarAmp84Posted 2/20/2014 12:43:36 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...

This. Having a hobby cost money and $60/year is peanuts compared to most other hobbies. It's kind of like having the choice of drinking cheap beer(Sony online) vs premium beer(XBL). Do you want to cringe every time you take a sip and have breath that smells like a can of smashed ass*#*#* followed by a morning or rancid farts and/or the runs or do you want a smooth, fresh tasting brew that tingles your taste buds with almost every sip?
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#6popichueloPosted 2/20/2014 12:45:55 PM
Its been quality every time I've needed it. Just wait till it goes on sale somewhere and grab a years worth for 40 or less which works out to like 3.33 a month, so buy one less anything a month and you get superior online gaming and a couple free games you may or may not own.

No issues at all with the cost.
#7glassghost0Posted 2/20/2014 12:48:47 PM
12 months of Gold for $60 is $36 cheaper than a year of Netflix

It's actually pretty dang cheap already, and that's at full price.

I've never paid $60 for it, the most I've paid is $40 but usually $35
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#8beautifuldreamsPosted 2/20/2014 12:55:05 PM
wish there was a cheaper option for multiplayer play
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#9Dragon NexusPosted 2/20/2014 1:17:01 PM
$60 a year is $5 a month. That's about $1.25 a week. About 16 cents a day.

It's fine as it is. People complained about the increase in price, but it just baffled me. First price increase for 10 years of the service existing and this was somehow unjustified. Never mind all the many, many things the service has added in ten years, no no $10 extra a month is just not on. Inflation? What's that?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#10zeuscatPosted 2/20/2014 2:15:35 PM
I think everything XBL offers is worth the price, however I could care less about anything other than using Netflix for the most part. So paying monthly to use that on my TV really pisses me off. Getting free games each month is a nice bonus since a lot of those games I never played before.

I've always thought there should have been a silver, gold, platinum rank.

Silver - No online games, only game updates and older content in the marketplace. Access to all apps.

Gold - (half the price of current Gold) Online games, all content in the marketplace, voice/video chat.

Platinum - Current price of XBLG, Everything available to access, and special deals exclusive to Platinum. Plus early access to DLC or Beta's
---
"What is this!? A center for ants???"
- Derek Zoolander