This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Hey, you see that thing (usually) on the bottom-right of your screen...

#1SoF-RamboPosted 2/21/2014 12:36:26 PM
... in FPS games? That's your mini-map/radar/anti-sneaky-enemy device. It informs you of your general vicinity and if anything around you is infested with bad guys.

I feel like I'm the only who actively looks at the thing. :(
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 2/21/2014 12:42:39 PM
wut
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#3dtmrPosted 2/21/2014 12:42:47 PM
What's a FPS? Frames per second? Don't all games consist of frames per second?
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#4Ginsu VictimPosted 2/21/2014 12:45:07 PM
dtmr posted...

Did you know it was a bad joke when you wrote it?
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#5dtmrPosted 2/21/2014 12:47:04 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
dtmr posted...

Did you know it was a bad joke when you wrote it?

No. Is it? Seriously, what is a FPS?
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#6glassghost0Posted 2/21/2014 12:47:55 PM
SoF-Rambo posted...
... in FPS games? That's your mini-map/radar/anti-sneaky-enemy device. It informs you of your general vicinity and if anything around you is infested with bad guys.

I feel like I'm the only who actively looks at the thing. :(

I always feel the same way....

Honestly, I'd say probably 2/10 people I've played with actually check it
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7Jamin-7Posted 2/21/2014 12:51:20 PM(edited)
Actually, radars in First-Person Shooters are usually on the bottom left side of the screen, bottom right screen is usually reserved for your current ammunition. Guns are usually on the right side because... [continues to ramble on non-coherently]

But yeah, people should check their radar more often. (I watch it like a hawk on my Legendary playthroughs of any of the Halo games...)
---
"Nice! Your fruit killing skills are remarkable." -- Gaz
#8dtmrPosted 2/21/2014 12:51:32 PM
Jamin-7 posted...
Actually, radars in First-Person Shooters are usually on the bottom left side of the screen, bottom right screen is usually reserved for your current ammunition. Guns are usually on the right side because... [continues to ramble on non-coherently]

Oh! First person shooter! Thanks for answering my question instead of calling me unfunny.
---
#9Ginsu VictimPosted 2/21/2014 12:59:47 PM
dtmr posted...
Jamin-7 posted...

Oh! First person shooter! Thanks for answering my question instead of calling me unfunny.

You've been a member since 2009. How the hell did you go this long without knowing that? It's a term used DAILY around here.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#10dtmrPosted 2/21/2014 1:02:46 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
dtmr posted...
Jamin-7 posted...

You've been a member since 2009. How the hell did you go this long without knowing that? It's a term used DAILY around here.

How dare you assume knowledge of my knowledge. Also, I'm from Indiana. English is a second language.
---