This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who liked Infinite Undiscovery and wouldn't mind a sequel?

#1theofficefan99Posted 2/22/2014 12:59:32 PM
A lot of people hate Infinite Undiscovery, but I really enjoyed it. The visuals were nice; the art direction and character models were great, and some areas looked absolutely beautiful (the bits of CGI were amazing, too). The soundtrack was absolutely fantastic. The story was interesting and strayed away from a good amount of typical JRPG cliches. I ended up caring for and growing on quite a few of the party members. The battle system was a little simplistic, but the Connect system was unique and added some variety and depth, there was a lot in terms of exploration and content, and the game didn't overstay its welcome.

I dunno. I feel like the universe and lore is interesting enough to be expanded upon, and I really liked the game. Yeah, the lip-syncing was off, the voice acting was generally mediocre, the intentional lag during battles was a little annoying, and the game does feel a little rushed with its numerous half-baked features, but I loved it anyways. I felt like it was a solid 8-8.5/10 game, and I'd love to see a sequel with a bigger budget.

Am I the only one?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2Sega9599Posted 2/22/2014 1:03:59 PM
Is it as good as say.....Valkyrie Profile 2? Or Star Ocean: TTEOT?
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#3Sega9599Posted 2/22/2014 1:10:15 PM(edited)
You posted this across multiple boards.....why?
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#4theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 1:50:32 PM
Sega9599 posted...
You posted this across multiple boards.....why?

The Xbox360 board and the XboxOne board... nothing too crazy.

And I'd say it's far better than SO:TTET, and a little worse than VP2 (though I enjoyed IU's story far more than VP2's) overall.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#500rageragePosted 2/22/2014 1:52:49 PM
I enjoyed the game more than most JRPGs this gen. I didn't like the crafting grind, but that is really my only gripe.
---
God save me from your followers
#6WinternovaPosted 2/22/2014 1:56:13 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Am I the only one?

Yes, you're the only one. You're a unique and special snowflake. You're an amazing person and there's no one else in the world like you.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#7Sega9599Posted 2/22/2014 1:58:09 PM
Winternova posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Am I the only one?

Yes, you're the only one. You're a unique and special snowflake. You're an amazing person and there's no one else in the world like you.

LOL this is what I want to answer to EVERY SINGLE PERSON who uses this in their posts.

Anyway thanks TC, I may pick this up for cheap and try it out myself.
---
#8ARsignal11Posted 2/22/2014 2:00:11 PM
I thought it was alright. Not terrible, but not amazing. It was a good standalone title, but I really wouldn't want a sequel or anything.
#9theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 2:01:22 PM
Winternova posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Am I the only one?

Thanks for the sarcasm, but I know I'm not literally the only one.
---
#10WinternovaPosted 2/22/2014 2:05:14 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Thanks for the sarcasm, but I know I'm not literally the only one.

Then why did you ask that question twice if you weren't looking for someone to stroke your fragile little ego, Snowflake?

theofficefan99 posted...
Am I the only one who liked Infinite Undiscovery and wouldn't mind a sequel?

theofficefan99 posted...
Am I the only one?

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)