This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you Winning or Losing in the "Backlog Wars"?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are you Winning or Losing in the "Backlog Wars"?
3 years ago#1
I'm losing the backlog war in large way. I started 2014 with 55 games to work on. I've only beaten 3 games so far this year, but in the last 36 hours I've just purchased 5 games (Saints Row IV, Sonic Generations, Batman: Arkham City, Metro: Last Light, and Driver: San Francisco). I try not to buy more games, and striving to finish all by December 2015, but it's hard as hell to pass up those $5 -$15 titles from Gamefly and XBL. At least I'm not on Steam or I'd never get any work done.

Are you winning or losing the Backlog Wars on your front?
"War as a video game; what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake
3 years ago#2
Losing. It's a work in progress. Playing Dead Island co-op with a friend, and Dark Souls when I feel like it.
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
3 years ago#3
Losing. 1 year ago, I had 0. As I type this I have 53 and potentially 1 more.
I r guy.
3 years ago#4
Winning... I never run out of games to play. 75 between retail and arcade games and still two days left in the ultimate sale.
3 years ago#5
Winning. I kicked the 'massive backlog' syndrome this last gen.
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
3 years ago#6
I'm pretty sure I have over 100 either not played at all or games I only booted up once for a few minutes. I have slowed down to a certain extent, but yeah, these sales with some pretty appealing stuff super cheap makes it really hard to resist. Plus I finally picked up a 3DS recently and I've got about a dozen games on there to play through.

On the plus side there is so far no appeal for me with the Xbox One or PS4, so at least I have a good long while to get caught up. I might get a Wii U eventually but that usually just amounts to that handful of good first party stuff, so that shouldn't put me too much deeper in the hole.
----
-----
3 years ago#7
Losing. The good is that I almost never run out of anything to play. The bad is that I'm back to my old habits of seeing a sale, and jumping right on it thinking I'm getting a deal, only to toss it in the backlog where it won't see the light of day until it's cheaper (or being given away via PS+) than the price I initially bought it at.

I am a collector, so it does satisfy those needs, but I did this a lot during the PS2 era where I seemed to horde games from sales and it was largely one of the reason I took about a 5 year break from gaming. Just felt overwhelmed with all the choices I had, didn't really know what to complete first and it pretty much made me lose interest entirely.
3 years ago#8
Collector here. Failing ... miserably.
This sig is dedicated to Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)
RIP, King of Pop
3 years ago#9
I had been loosing bad but I have stopped buying games since christmas so I can make a dent on my backlog.

Trouble is sales are always so tempting, particularly when they are as cheap as the current sale, luckily I already own anything that has been worth getting in the current sales, so my backlog is steadily decreasing (for now).
3 years ago#10
Backl8g is winning but not growing sinve next gen consoles have 0 interesting games out
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are you Winning or Losing in the "Backlog Wars"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived