This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are digital downloads tied to your console?

#1dlex859Posted 3/6/2014 1:07:34 PM
I'm looking to sell my 360 and would just like to know if I can include my digital downloads with the system or are they tied to my account exclusively. I know this may be a stupid question Google wasn't much help though.
---
Xbox 360: DxTimesx3
#2GanzRampagePosted 3/6/2014 1:13:07 PM
dlex859 posted...
I'm looking to sell my 360 and would just like to know if I can include my digital downloads with the system or are they tied to my account exclusively. I know this may be a stupid question Google wasn't much help though.

You couldn't find the answer on google? Come on, don't bull**** me.

How about you try removing your profile and see what happens?
#3glassghost0Posted 3/6/2014 1:14:28 PM
dlex859 posted...

No
---
New User (3) - Awarded to users with at least 25 Karma.
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4dtmrPosted 3/6/2014 1:18:54 PM
If you include your digital content in the sale wraiths will ravage The Shire.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#5AWarAmp84Posted 3/6/2014 1:21:34 PM
GanzRampage posted...
dlex859 posted...

You couldn't find the answer on google? Come on, don't bull**** me.

How about you try removing your profile and see what happens?

Laziness at its finest.
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#6dlex859(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 1:24:30 PM
I searched google and got conflicting answers. More to do with transferring digital games to a different system than what I was actually looking for. Silly me to think I would get a mature response here though thanks anyways.
---
#7stapler87Posted 3/6/2014 1:30:19 PM
Digital content is tied to your system. It can still be accessed on another account as long as the console it was originally downloaded to is being used. Your account can continue to access the content on another console as long as you're signed into XBOX Live. If you want to access the content on another console offline, you will need to do a license transfer.

It is, technically, possible to sell the digital content with your system. However, it's also against the Terms of Use. If Microsoft becomes aware that such a thing has occurred, both the console and your gamertag run the risk of being banned.
---
Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?
#8dtmrPosted 3/6/2014 1:31:36 PM
stapler87 posted...
Digital content is tied to your system. It can still be accessed on another account as long as the console it was originally downloaded to is being used. Your account can continue to access the content on another console as long as you're signed into XBOX Live. If you want to access the content on another console offline, you will need to do a license transfer.

It is, technically, possible to sell the digital content with your system. However, it's also against the Terms of Use. If Microsoft becomes aware that such a thing has occurred, both the console and your gamertag run the risk of being banned.

He said a MATURE response.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#9AWarAmp84Posted 3/6/2014 1:34:22 PM
I copied this topic title and added 360 to it and this was the third link provided. So either you didn't search at all or you're just terrible at sifting through search results for any information you need.

http://support.xbox.com/he-IL/xbox-360/downloadable-content/download-content#a72a5d0e3b134b07ba32304e83f0785e
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#10dlex859(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 1:35:20 PM
Thanks man that answers my question exactly. Appreciate the thorough response
---