This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that would convince you to buy a next-gen console.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games that would convince you to buy a next-gen console.
2 years ago#1
Or if you already own one, games that would get you excited for it (I don't see what there is to be excited about right now).

A Tomb Raider which goes back to its roots (Combine the old with the new. Keep the new combat, darker setting, open-world, and storyline, but bring back the great puzzles and make them frequent, great platforming that isn't exclusively shallow Uncharted-style set pieces, bring back traps, and bring back the tombs)

Devil May Cry 5 (Even though I liked DmC and would have liked a sequel, I'd prefer DMC5 with the deeper and more challenging combat)

Final Fantasy XV (though I'll certainly be looking at fan reaction first, given how dishonest reviewers were with FFXIII)

Silent Hill 9/reboot (I've beaten all 8 and want more)

Jak 4 (How I wish they were making this instead of Uncharted 4)

Sly 5 (Goddamn them for ending Sly 4 on a cliffhanger!)

New Deus Ex

Old Rare Video games being develoeped again (Banjo-Threeie, Jet Force Gemini 2, Conker's Bad Fur Day 2, another stab at a great Perfect Dark game more like Deus Ex: Human Revolution this time around)
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic
2 years ago#2
its not going to happen, but if Age of Wonders3 found its way on the xb1 i just might buy one...

2 years ago#3
any game on it . o wait I am a die hard gamer so I buy every console day 1 since the Atari 2600 , why because every system has great games and you are going to have to upgrade eventually .
psn-kish1975 ---- (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975---3ds=name, kish1975-FC-5386-9140-2291 ---http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
2 years ago#4
Zora_Prince posted...
Or if you already own one, games that would get you excited for it (I don't see what there is to be excited about right now).

A Tomb Raider which goes back to its roots (Combine the old with the new. Keep the new combat, darker setting, open-world, and storyline, but bring back the great puzzles and make them frequent, great platforming that isn't exclusively shallow Uncharted-style set pieces, bring back traps, and bring back the tombs)

Devil May Cry 5 (Even though I liked DmC and would have liked a sequel, I'd prefer DMC5 with the deeper and more challenging combat)

Final Fantasy XV (though I'll certainly be looking at fan reaction first, given how dishonest reviewers were with FFXIII)

New Deus Ex

Old Rare Video games being develoeped again (Banjo-Threeie, Jet Force Gemini 2, Conker's Bad Fur Day 2, another stab at a great Perfect Dark game more like Deus Ex: Human Revolution this time around)

How about a NEW IP?
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
2 years ago#5
If MS announced a remake of Halo 1 with its original multiplayer included + XBL capability, I would forget all my doubts and buy an Xbox One.

Since that won't happen, the likelihood of my ever getting an Xbox One is rather low.
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
2 years ago#6
I'll have to 2nd DMC5.
2 years ago#7
Ginsu Victim posted...
Zora_Prince posted...

New Deus Ex

How about a NEW IP?

lol yeah now i think of it that would get me looking at the xb1, but they would have to be new ip's that were worth a damn and more than a hand full of them.

2 years ago#8
a sequel/reboot of Onimusha, Dino Crisis, God Hand, Timesplitters
2 years ago#9
not going to happen. Even if a Sonic game with everything I want in it pops up on ps4/x1. I'll just watch a LP or hope it gets a pc port.
2 years ago#10
The Witcher 3 already convinced me
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games that would convince you to buy a next-gen console.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived