This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft has plans for targeted political ads on Xbox

#1fiasco86Posted 3/7/2014 4:33:59 PM
http://games.yahoo.com/news/microsoft-getting-ready-scroogle-xbox-owners-200017850.html

Not sure if this is specific to the Xbone or also includes the 360.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#2Tyronelio1Posted 3/7/2014 4:38:49 PM
Just a rumour but hey you'll get ponies and delusional people spouting conspiracy stuff so eh.

Even if it does happen its no big deal its just ads.

every company collects user data and uses it in a specific way or sells it.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#3darkharePosted 3/7/2014 4:41:47 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Just a rumour but hey you'll get ponies and delusional people spouting conspiracy stuff so eh.

count how many advertisements you see while your driving to work (both going too, and coming home from), count how many advertisements you hear on the radio, count how many advertisements you see when your watching television (30min sitcom how much of that time are ads), count how many ads you passively look at on 360. if ads weren't a big deal, how come their everywhere?

#4Tyronelio1Posted 3/7/2014 4:45:29 PM
darkhare posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

count how many advertisements you see while your driving to work (both going too, and coming home from), count how many advertisements you hear on the radio, count how many advertisements you see when your watching television (30min sitcom how much of that time are ads), count how many ads you passively look at on 360. if ads weren't a big deal, how come their everywhere?

What do any of those have to do anything?

Like I said they are ads and having ads in your dashboard is no big deal just like ads in the billboards, on tv or on the radio.
---
#5darkharePosted 3/7/2014 4:48:37 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
darkhare posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

What do any of those have to do anything?

Like I said they are ads and having ads in your dashboard is no big deal just like ads in the billboards, on tv or on the radio.

go some place that doesn't drown you in advertisements everywhere at all times and you will realize how big of a deal it actually is.

#6Tyronelio1Posted 3/7/2014 4:50:09 PM
I fail to see that point you're trying to prove?

Having political ads on Xbox isn't a bad or good thing it's just no big deal at all?
---
#7darkharePosted 3/7/2014 4:51:43 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...

Having political ads on Xbox isn't a bad or good thing it's just no big deal at all?

simply answer one question for me, if advertisements weren't such a big deal how come you cant go anywhere or do anything without seeing/hearing them?

#8vigorm0rtisPosted 3/7/2014 4:52:31 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...

I have to assume darkhare doesn't have the ability to tune things out, so if it exists, it's a big deal.

I have to agree with Tyronelio here, I don't care.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#9Tyronelio1Posted 3/7/2014 4:53:46 PM
darkhare posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

simply answer one question for me, if advertisements weren't such a big deal how come you cant go anywhere or do anything without seeing/hearing them?

I still fail to your point?

I'm clearly stating that political ads in tc article post aren't a big deal because they're no different then any targeted marketing.

Obviously ads in whole are a big deal but hat does that have to with the topic or with what I said? Or did you misunderstand?
---
#10darkharePosted 3/7/2014 4:55:21 PM(edited)
vigorm0rtis posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

I have to assume darkhare doesn't have the ability to tune things out, so if it exists, it's a big deal.

I have to agree with Tyronelio here, I don't care.

define "tuning them out", ill enjoy ripping you a new crapper, with simple sociological data..and you also failed to answer my question..