This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anyone tell me where to start with these series?

#21Harold_RamisPosted 3/17/2014 12:52:29 AM
don't you have a ps2?
#22_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 11:21:34 AM
They don't really sell ps1 games around where I am, and if I go on the internet I expect it to be severely overpriced... Well, it's no big deal anyway lol
---
Though a fight every now and then makes life a little more interesting, don't ya think?
#23_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 10:51:54 PM
Hm, I know it was already said that 1 and 3 are related, but does that just mean it's the same characters, or will I be lost in 3 without having played 1?
---
Though a fight every now and then makes life a little more interesting, don't ya think?
#24andri_gPosted 3/18/2014 12:32:32 AM
Yes, the same key characters are in both games but you play as a different key character in each game. Certain events in SH3 will be more meaningful to you if you've played SH1 first.

[I bought a complete, mint copy of SH1 on-line a few years ago for under $20 but the shipping was expensive.]
#25_-Dante-_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 10:13:50 AM
Well, it can't kill me to just go 2-3 I guess, thanks for the tips!
---
#26BBBanks03Posted 3/19/2014 1:30:19 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
If you're going to play the modern Ninja Gaiden games, go with the regular version of NG1 for the original XBox. Play through that first, then play the Black edition. The Black edition is for people who like to torture themselves. The boss battles had most of their tells and predictable patterns changed or totally removed so they're hard as f*** to fight, especially that b**** known as Alma.

Ignore NG2, and both versions of NG3, they screwed them up so badly they're not worth playing.

If you're going to ignore anything, ignore pretty much everything this guy just said, he has no idea what he's talking about.

Without question go for Ninja Gaiden Black and don't bother with the original version on Xbox. Ninja Gaiden Black is the original XB game with new enemies, weapons, features, etc. It's better than the original in every conceivable way. They changed some boss patterns and weaknesses but since you wouldn't have played the original you would never know what was changed anyways. There's even an added easy difficulty if the game is too tough for you, which the original didn't have.

NG2 isn't as good as Black and the game's difficulty is far more cheap, especially on higher difficulties, but it is still a very good game with fun combat and the game is much faster and more frantic than the first, if that's interesting to you.

NG3... eh... they definitely screwed that one up, but if you absolutely LOVED the first two games there's no harm in giving Razor's Edge a shot, it's almost impossible that you'll like that game as much as the others, but it couldn't hurt to give it a try.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.