This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Master Chief vs. Captain America

#11Kurgan777Posted 3/12/2014 6:41:28 PM
Chief without armor & Cortana, it's a draw but Cap would be in the hospital recovering long after the Chief would be.

Chief with armor & Cortana, Chief wins, hands down.

Cap is only an enhanced human, not even genetically enhanced either.

The Chief is genetically altered and trained from childhood to be a warrior, he knows combat tactics and strategy FAR better than Cap ever has, hence the term Spartan, the Chief was trained just like the original Spartans, from childhood. Coupled with the armor & Cortana he's stronger, faster, and tactically smarter than Cap could ever dream to be.

---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#12MajinTaPosted 3/12/2014 6:58:23 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
Chief without armor & Cortana, it's a draw but Cap would be in the hospital recovering long after the Chief would be.

The Chief is genetically altered and trained from childhood to be a warrior, he knows combat tactics and strategy FAR better than Cap ever has, hence the term Spartan, the Chief was trained just like the original Spartans, from childhood. Coupled with the armor & Cortana he's stronger, faster, and tactically smarter than Cap could ever dream to be.

Cap survived being on the Front Lines of WW2 and can beat Iron Man. I think Iron Man is tougher than Chief. So I mean....
---
That Lemur... it's Earthbending!
#13Kurgan777Posted 3/12/2014 7:19:02 PM
MajinTa posted...
Kurgan777 posted...

Cap survived being on the Front Lines of WW2 and can beat Iron Man. I think Iron Man is tougher than Chief. So I mean....

Iron Man is just a regular guy in "smart armor", no physical or mental enhancements other than the suit itself. No, Tony Stark is not stronger than the Chief because the Chief is NOT just a "regular guy", the Chief is genetically and physically enhanced and trained as a warrior almost from birth. Tony Stark's arrogance, overconfidence, lack of tactical training, and recurring alcoholism would get him killed in a 1 on 1 fight against the Chief.

There's a huge difference between the Chief being trained as a warrior since childhood and going up against a dozen different kinds of aliens and surviving, and Cap going through 6 weeks of military Basic Training and getting put into combat against normal humans.

If any country could get away with training true Spartan warriors from birth today, those warriors would destroy any volunteer military units that only had a few months worth of training.
---
#14GorillaReformedPosted 3/12/2014 7:23:24 PM
What's the general opinion on Dune Beetle? It's like the saying goes: "Can't beat the beetle"
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#15MajinTaPosted 3/12/2014 8:15:59 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
MajinTa posted...
Kurgan777 posted...

Iron Man is just a regular guy in "smart armor", no physical or mental enhancements other than the suit itself. No, Tony Stark is not stronger than the Chief because the Chief is NOT just a "regular guy", the Chief is genetically and physically enhanced and trained as a warrior almost from birth. Tony Stark's arrogance, overconfidence, lack of tactical training, and recurring alcoholism would get him killed in a 1 on 1 fight against the Chief.

There's a huge difference between the Chief being trained as a warrior since childhood and going up against a dozen different kinds of aliens and surviving, and Cap going through 6 weeks of military Basic Training and getting put into combat against normal humans.

If any country could get away with training true Spartan warriors from birth today, those warriors would destroy any volunteer military units that only had a few months worth of training.

Chief can't take a Spartan Laser... can he take a Unibeam? And Iron Man can go toe to toe with the Hulk and Thor... I dunno. Do remember the Tony is a Genius... no matter what you say, I'll just say something back. We can keep it up all day.
---
#16MajinTaPosted 3/12/2014 8:46:56 PM
I guess I should give you something to argue about. I was being a blind fanboy and not really throwing stuff out. But I'll try now.

Captain America. He trained in multiple Martial Arts and mastered them. He is in better shape than ANY Olympic Athlete that ever has competed and has trained so much that he has gotten rid of fatigue. He fights super beings on pretty much a weekly basis and still manages to win. He also has some of the greatest reflexes you possible. I would say that his reflexes are on par with Master Chiefs, but he thing is Chief has to move around in that... what was it 500lbs armor. I'm not sure how easily he can really move in that suit but I figure it isn't as easy as a shield. Oh Yeah. Caps Shield, which was shown during the video is indestructible. Which means he deflects the bullets. I'm not that big a Halo fan but I've personally never seen Master Chief fight hand to hand. Just uses guns. So if Cap could get close it would pretty much be how he video was. In my eyes at least.

Iron Man. Genius. He has so many suits for so many different occasions that it's not even funny. He's often called the Invincible Ironman for a reason. You tall about his alcoholism, but he dropped that habit a long time ago. If Chief can get him out of he Armor, Yeah he has him beat. But you could also say the same thing the other way around. If Chief gets close to Ironman he can use an electrical surge from his suit to shut Chief's shields off. Similar to the electrical discharge from armor-lock in the games. Also he has rockets. How many times in the games have you been killed by rockets? I know of multiple times where Ironman has shrugged off both Small arms and explosives. Yeah Master Chief has Cortana... but Tony has Jarvis... whose cooler and didn't scare the crap out of you on your first playthrough of their third game? Thank, you. On a serious note, I don't know what Cortana exactly does to Chiefs suit but Ironman could easily cut his communications to Cortana off in a heartbeat. Of I'm not mistaken an Ironman Suit can lift over 100 tons so a hand to hand fight wouldn't be to hard for Tony. And if all else fails he can just remotely control all his suits and just sheerly outnumber Chief.

I'm sorry for the Fanboyism from earlier. I actually put thought into that response.
---
#17Kurgan777Posted 3/12/2014 9:38:21 PM
Read the Halo books. The Chief is trained 9 ways from Sunday, and he's still faster in that armor than Cap with his spandex and shield. Cap's also lost the shield on occasion, and even had it taken from him by enemies, so it's not the battle ender that you think it is.

As for Stark, bring the wrong suit to the party and he's toast, get hand to hand with him and his suit is crushed, with Stark inside, or the suit will be ripped to shreds and pulled off his body piece by piece.

The Chief can lift tanks, his hand strength would crush Stark like an empty beer can. He can also dodge multiple rockets with Cortana's help, and even survive planetfall without lasting damage to his armor, the same can't be said about Stark's armor.

As for your theory that an electrical burst would short out Chief's shields, that's only a temporary thing, plus you're assuming that the Chief would just sit there and do nothing while they're down, plus you're forgetting about the armor itself.

Comparing Cortana to Jarvis is light comparing night to day. Cortana is a heavily advanced thinking A.I. that can do and think on it's own, Jarvis is nothing more than a smooth complicated kind of Siri by comparison, he just takes commands.

Stark may be a genius, but when it comes to battle tactics, he's usually a moron, preferring to charge head on and usually get his ass beat a few times before finally getting lucky in the end. Skill trumps luck every time, and those few losses could become permanent against the wrong opponent.
---
#18SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:43:03 PM(edited)
MajinTa posted...
Genius. He has so many suits for so many different occasions that it's not even funny. He's often called the Invincible Ironman for a reason. You tall about his alcoholism, but he dropped that habit a long time ago. If Chief can get him out of he Armor, Yeah he has him beat. But you could also say the same thing the other way around. If Chief gets close to Ironman he can use an electrical surge from his suit to shut Chief's shields off. Similar to the electrical discharge from armor-lock in the games. Also he has rockets. How many times in the games have you been killed by rockets? I know of multiple times where Ironman has shrugged off both Small arms and explosives. Yeah Master Chief has Cortana... but Tony has Jarvis... whose cooler and didn't scare the crap out of you on your first playthrough of their third game? Thank, you. On a serious note, I don't know what Cortana exactly does to Chiefs suit but Ironman could easily cut his communications to Cortana off in a heartbeat. Of I'm not mistaken an Ironman Suit can lift over 100 tons so a hand to hand fight wouldn't be to hard for Tony. And if all else fails he can just remotely control all his suits and just sheerly outnumber Chief.

Well Chief is genetically enhanced much in the same way Cap is, the armor isn't just extra baggage so it isn't a liability for Chief at all. It adds to his power and speed even more than the genetic enhancements did, it's power armor or exoskeleton suit, not sure what the correct term is. He's also highly trained in all forms of military combat and many forms of hand to hand combat. And as far as Cap's shield goes, it doesn't cover his entire body, so I don't think Chief would actually be stupid enough just sit there and shoot it instead of the exposed body.

It seems to be the determination of the fight would depend on at what point of Cap's life he is at when fighting Chief. Meaning is it early on around the time he first became Captain America or later on after more years of training and such.

I do agree Iron Man would win though, even though I'm a huge Halo fan myself, it's obvious that Iron Man would win in a fight with Chief.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#19TheStarlightPosted 3/12/2014 9:41:12 PM
Batman vs Asura

Batman: He is a mere human and we all know what he can do
Asura: He has strength of a god and is powerful enough to destroy a planet. Appear in few games and comics.

Who wins? I say Batman.
Asura is a nobody. Only a bunch of people know him.
Master Chief is nobody too, sorry.
---
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
#20SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 9:44:41 PM
TheStarlight posted...
Batman vs Asura

Batman: He is a mere human and we all know what he can do
Asura: He has strength of a god and is powerful enough to destroy a planet. Appear in few games and comics.

Who wins? I say Batman.
Asura is a nobody. Only a bunch of people know him.
Master Chief is nobody too, sorry.

What? Your logic is just that he wins by popularity?

Also how is that Asura's Wrath game anyways?
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?