This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone else lost their Watch Dogs wood?

#1MexiRicanMoFoPosted 3/13/2014 7:30:41 AM
I was so excited for this game six months ago. Now I'm thinking I'll pass on it, or at least wait for a price drop. Anyone else feel this way? And why? I feel like Ubisoft needs to do something big to rekindle my interest. What are your thoughts?
---
"I hate tombs." Lara Croft, Tomb Raider
#2Ginsu VictimPosted 3/13/2014 7:32:45 AM
Nah, I'm still at full attention.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#3rttnPosted 3/13/2014 7:34:37 AM
I started not caring, then I got a little excited. They killed my hype with the delay, but I did like the new video and that it will be 8 players online.
---
Saltybet.com - Home for potatoes, Waifu's, & DUDUDU's
#4PsychoDrama1Posted 3/13/2014 7:43:27 AM
I've lost interest in all Ubisoft games. I think they will eventually try to compete with EA for their position in "the big three" by continuing to mislead investors with absurd release dates and mislead gamers with fabricated trailers. Learning that the Division was essentially a trailer concocted to be flashy with almost no story or structure behind it really hurt me.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#5Ginsu VictimPosted 3/13/2014 7:46:27 AM
PsychoDrama1 posted...
Learning that the Division was essentially a trailer concocted to be flashy with almost no story or structure behind it really hurt me.

Wow, having the word DRAMA in your name is appropriate.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#6Pacman2dxPosted 3/13/2014 10:32:22 AM
PsychoDrama1 posted...
I've lost interest in all Ubisoft games. I think they will eventually try to compete with EA for their position in "the big three" by continuing to mislead investors with absurd release dates and mislead gamers with fabricated trailers. Learning that the Division was essentially a trailer concocted to be flashy with almost no story or structure behind it really hurt me.

Doesn't almost every trailer do that though? They try to convey the vision the developer thinks the game is capable of - they always say that the content you see in the trailer is subject to change, so I don't understand, why let it upset you?
---
'Lois, this family believes in the easter bunny, he died for our sins in that helicopter crash.' - Peter Griffin
#7WackyPosted 3/13/2014 10:58:22 AM
Never had it to begin with. I don't even know what it's about.

And someone posted it's a Ubisoft game? I don't think I have played a single Ubisoft game this generation...

---
Because if you don't kill me, and I get loose, you're gonna wish you were in hell with your back broke. ~ Burt Reynolds
#8BlueJester007Posted 3/13/2014 10:58:44 AM
I kind of forgot the the game existed.

At the very least, I hope it isn't just Assassin's Creed V: Modern Hacking
---
Searching for meaning is like searching for a rhyme-scheme in a cook book.
-Tim Minchin
#9bigphil2003Posted 3/13/2014 11:06:23 AM
The thing that did it for me was because the game was delayed for " being too repetitive". How much of that can you really fix in six months?
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#10BlueJester007Posted 3/13/2014 11:15:22 AM
bigphil2003 posted...
The thing that did it for me was because the game was delayed for " being too repetitive". How much of that can you really fix in six months?

I thought it was delayed because it's initial release was too close to GTAV's; therefore, the devs didn't want the game to be lost and forgotten while the GTA craze was going on.
---
Searching for meaning is like searching for a rhyme-scheme in a cook book.
-Tim Minchin