This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games With Gold FAQ 2.0

#11The-ApostlePosted 3/17/2014 10:22:14 PMmessage detail
Hopefully next month will be decent. This month's games were atrocious.
---
Next up on the Packers' hit parade: Upcoming 2014 Season! GO PACK GO!
http://www.penthius.info
#12Tyronelio1Posted 3/18/2014 4:45:49 AMmessage detail
OhioState82 posted...
Is the download tied to a gold account or to the Xbox's hard drive?

My friend has a gold account on my Xbox. I do not. If he downloads it on his profile to the jointly used Xbox, can I play the game on my profile?

The purchase is forever tied to the console AND profile.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#13Doktor_WilhelmPosted 3/19/2014 1:39:29 PMmessage detail
Tyronelio1 posted...
OhioState82 posted...

My friend has a gold account on my Xbox. I do not. If he downloads it on his profile to the jointly used Xbox, can I play the game on my profile?

Forever is a rather long time!

The purchased content is able to be used by any gamertag on the console it was originally downloaded while online or offline, and the gamertag that purchased the content is able to download it and play it on any other Xbox 360 console but only while connected online.
This licence can be transferred to a different console once every 4 months, so it's not stuck on the original console "forever", but it is forever tied to the gamertag that originally purchased it.
---
"so i'm guessing it's doctor wilhelm vs everyone else then?" - Travisclees
#14Super CreaturesPosted 3/19/2014 3:00:10 PMmessage detail
Doktor_Wilhelm posted...
so it's not stuck on the original console "forever",

However, it should be noted that the license for a specific piece of content on a console is never updated except for when that content is downloaded to that console, so a console will retain the console license for content already downloaded until such time that it is redownloaded to that console.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#15Tyronelio1Posted 3/19/2014 7:50:58 PMmessage detail
Doktor_Wilhelm posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
OhioState82 posted...

Forever is a rather long time!

The purchased content is able to be used by any gamertag on the console it was originally downloaded while online or offline, and the gamertag that purchased the content is able to download it and play it on any other Xbox 360 console but only while connected online.
This licence can be transferred to a different console once every 4 months, so it's not stuck on the original console "forever", but it is forever tied to the gamertag that originally purchased it.

Incorrect, you can do the license transfer to another console to enable that console to play the games offline, but you can always play the game on the console you purchased it on even when after the license transfer.
---
#16Doktor_WilhelmPosted 3/20/2014 11:45:56 AMmessage detail
Tyronelio1 posted...
Incorrect

The fact that I didn't post the way that someone can break the Xbox Live ToU via a license transfer doesn't invalidate the truth of my post.
And (as Super Creatures helpfully stated) if the content is deleted from the original console, the license will also be deleted for that console; as such that voids your statements that "The purchase is forever tied to the console" and that "you can always play the game on the console you purchased it on".
---
"so i'm guessing it's doctor wilhelm vs everyone else then?" - Travisclees
#17Tyronelio1Posted 3/20/2014 11:45:27 PMmessage detail
Doktor_Wilhelm posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Incorrect

The fact that I didn't post the way that someone can break the Xbox Live ToU via a license transfer doesn't invalidate the truth of my post.
And (as Super Creatures helpfully stated) if the content is deleted from the original console, the license will also be deleted for that console; as such that voids your statements that "The purchase is forever tied to the console" and that "you can always play the game on the console you purchased it on".

I guess the fact that I can still redownload after deleting mine craft and play it on my other console after I did the transfer to my console begs to differ.

But yeah i think it may be against ToS.
---
#18Super CreaturesPosted 3/21/2014 3:15:59 AMmessage detail
Tyronelio1 posted...
I guess the fact that I can still redownload after deleting mine craft and play it on my other console after I did the transfer to my console begs to differ.

Without being connected to XBL when you launch the game?

I think not.
---
#19Tyronelio1Posted 3/21/2014 5:45:42 AMmessage detail
Super Creatures posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Without being connected to XBL when you launch the game?

I think not.

Yup, I'm always online when ever I play MC, and it's been this way for a year now.
---
#20Super CreaturesPosted 3/21/2014 6:15:53 AMmessage detail
Tyronelio1 posted...
I'm always online

So, in other words, no.
---