This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

still new to xbox but should I believe. ...

#1Cod_Da_Five9Posted 3/14/2014 2:50:36 AM
Someone that says they're going to have my gamertag banned and all that?

It sounds stupid I know but I did have it happen to me on PS3 before

If I was to get my profile banned what would I have to do to get it back?

Its not like im doing anything I shouldn't but me and some buddies pranked this group of friends and they were all threatening us to get us banned..
---
XboxLive: CodeDaFive9
PSN: CodeDaFive9
#2Tyronelio1Posted 3/14/2014 3:00:23 AM
You can't get it banned unles you have done something against tos, people saying that are idiots don't pay them any attention.

If it does happen then I don't think you can ever get it back.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#3Cod_Da_Five9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 3:05:12 AM
I figured I jusy didn't want to take the risk since I have 10 months of live and my credit card on there. .for all I know somebody could hack my account or something I was just taling precautions

Thanks for your help

I never tampered with my 360 to do anything against their terms of service or anyone elses for that matter
---
#4Tyronelio1Posted 3/14/2014 3:35:48 AM
You should be good then, if you're skeptical make sure to take off your credit card and only add it back on when you need to purchase something unless your gold is on auto renew.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#5Cod_Da_Five9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 11:33:38 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
You should be good then, if you're skeptical make sure to take off your credit card and only add it back on when you need to purchase something unless your gold is on auto renew.

I took it off a little after the incident
---
#6Cod_Da_Five9(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 11:37:08 AM
But wasnt sure if it was permanently on to the xbox or not
---
#7Dragon NexusPosted 3/14/2014 12:03:06 PM
Cod_Da_Five9 posted...
for all I know somebody could hack my account or something I was just taling precautions

While it's good to take security seriously, it doesn't do to be paranoid.
There are no reported cases of anyone hacking into MS' servers to compromise an account directly. There are cases of people having their accounts hijacked or stolen, but that's nothing to do with MS's end and everything to do with the end user, either by having an easy to guess password or in unlucky circumstances having identical log-in information to another site which *did* get compromised, hense it's wise to use several different passwords.

The average dumb-ass threatening your account knows nothing.
Honestly, if you met someone online with the ability to do that, they wouldn't advertise it. They'd just do it. And if they *were* talented enough to do that, it's unlikely they'd waste their time with one single Live user.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#8Darkest_EvilPosted 3/14/2014 12:20:38 PM
what happens is if you voilate the code of conduct people might report you.
If they report you an enforcement person or xbox embassador will look into the game and the situation. If there is proof of you doing wrongfull stuff they will suspend or ban you.

If you cheat/mod/hack/yell and swear racisist stuff then you might be in trouble
if your doing nothing and didnt violate the code your in the good

dont give out your email or password or anything related to you
dont let anyone know your real name or your address etc..

dont give into free points and free dlc for licence transfer phishing kids cause they steal your account
---
Dead or alive your coming with me!
#9Kurgan777Posted 3/14/2014 2:19:56 PM
If someone threatens to do anything to your account, especially in a text message that MS can see and verify came from them, turn them in, get them banned for making the threats.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#10XeroxicidePosted 3/14/2014 3:12:31 PM
You won't be banned without evidence. Usually, that means someone on the Policy and Enforcement Team witnessed you breaking the Terms of Service.

What was your prank? There are tons of examples on YouTube of people pranking/griefing other players so it's doubtful that any action will be taken against you.
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.