This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guys, something's wrong with my 360.....

#1DiamondGirl1092Posted 3/14/2014 1:37:30 PM
I have the slim version of the 360 and it started to randomly make the sound it makes when you turn it on/off or open the tray nonstop. I disconnected it, waited and now it won't turn off and has an apparent red ring/light and I can't do anything with it.

Any way I can fix this? Because I really hope I don't have to get rid of it AND I can't afford anything else.
---
If there is a god, kuku would still be too short to reach heaven. eheu.- Marioman116
#2Seanie1200Posted 3/14/2014 1:55:49 PM
Check the RROD Q & A sticky at the top of the topic list. You should find answers there.
#3DiamondGirl1092(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 1:58:47 PM
I thought the slim DIDN'T get RROD?
---
If there is a god, kuku would still be too short to reach heaven. eheu.- Marioman116
#4levelshooterPosted 3/14/2014 2:00:45 PM
It can get the red dot of death
---
-xbl- FallenAngel00me.
3ds - 1306 6847 7854
#5NeVaRmoorePosted 3/14/2014 2:04:54 PM(edited)
It doesn't. get a red ring, it gets a red dot in the middle. It's either getting too much, or not enough power.
---
Watching people argue about Games with Gold vs PS+ is like watching two fat chicks argue which one's skinniest. Nobody wins.
#6Seanie1200Posted 3/14/2014 2:08:07 PM
Call xbox support and they will be able to point you in the right direction. The number is in the sticky. That's why I directed you there. Sorry, didn't really make myself clear but that's what I meant.
#7DiamondGirl1092(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 2:22:00 PM
Seanie1200 posted...
Call xbox support and they will be able to point you in the right direction. The number is in the sticky. That's why I directed you there. Sorry, didn't really make myself clear but that's what I meant.

Aye, I know, I checked it right away. I appreciate it.

NeVaRmoore posted...
It doesn't. get a red ring, it gets a red dot in the middle. It's either getting too much, or not enough power.

So do I..... change outlets? Though I doubt that's the case because I touched it and it was sorta wet. If that's what damaged it, I'm blaming somebody because I NEVER eat near my console. That, and because I really can't afford another console.
---
#8orangeneePosted 3/14/2014 2:31:08 PM
The power bricks on Slims are complete garbage compared to the old ones. Mine gave out after only a year, so I use my old phat one now. Not necessarily anything to do with your issue but still.

However, you mentioned some sort of moisture. I'd try leaving it for a day or two so any moisture in it drys out. See what happens after that.
---
Peace has cost you your strength, victory has defeated you.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#9Dragon NexusPosted 3/14/2014 4:18:23 PM
Seanie1200 posted...
Check the RROD Q & A sticky at the top of the topic list. You should find answers there.

That FAQ is badly in need of updating.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#10DiamondGirl1092(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 4:38:05 PM
UPDATE:

Well, I left it disconnected for a couple of days and no dice. Now it makes the turn on/off sound, but it doesn't actually turn on. No red dot, no green lights, nothing. I'm currently wondering if it IS the power brick, because if it is, I'm happy because I could get a new one.

But I guess I should call anyway? My only question is if they'll do it if I don't live in the US per se. Pardon for bumping this topic but I didn't wanna make another one, sooo......
---