This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is something wrong with my Xbox or..?

#1Tyler_NinjaCatPosted 3/15/2014 11:24:40 PM
So this is about the 2nd time this has happened.
My fan for the Xbox spins up faster then it does when you play an uninstalled game (all my games are installed to make it quiet and incase they get damaged) anyway the first time my Xbox froze and I tried turning it off from pushing the touch button thingy and it wouldn't turn off until I touched the on/off button a few times then the fan started to spin really loud and fast then it turned off.
This time I left my Xbox idle (play and charge kit doesn't charge unless the controllers left alone and on the floor cause the cords kinda broken) and after 1 hour had passed it went to turn itself off and the fan spun up really fast and loud again and I'm just wondering if there's something wrong with it or if this happens to anyone else?
#2Jedi454Posted 3/15/2014 11:26:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3spectralPosted 3/16/2014 12:39:54 AM
No idea what's causing the problem but its certainly not normal. However are you sure its the fan making the noise. The noise when you play an uninstalled game is the disc spinning not the fan.
#4Tyler_NinjaCat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 12:48:35 AM
I'm sure it would be the fan, I did have a disc in there but it was idle on the dashboard so I wouldn't think it would be it spinning the disc (which is installed)
Maybe it could be both or something but was just wondering if it was a sign my Xbox is dying. Hope it isn't :/