This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favourite - Metal Gear game?

#1futureops99Posted 3/16/2014 8:32:06 AM
Episode 3 is here!
This time it's Metal Gear so bring the metallic music of guitars(which i hate) and slice Cyborgs into 143 pieces.

I found Solid Snake a bit boring but Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance had enjoyable combat and a good protagonist.I choose Revengence.
---
Call of Duty Online>Map:Xbox 360 Board>Mode:Troll Elimination>
Futureops [Predator Drone] Troll_Kurgan777
#2Tyronelio1Posted 3/16/2014 8:36:19 AM
Not a big fan of the series but if I had to pick if say peace walker on the psp.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#3glassghost0Posted 3/16/2014 8:38:43 AM
2 or 4
---
New User (3) - Awarded to users with at least 25 Karma.
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4Killah PriestPosted 3/16/2014 8:38:58 AM
SNAKE EATER
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5Tyronelio1Posted 3/16/2014 8:41:22 AM
glassghost0 posted...
2 or 4

I was enjoying 4 until I got stuck in that level where I think it's France? At night and you have to find something idk, played it when it released, got stuck and never pick it up again until someone did it for me haha.
---
#6NazanirPosted 3/16/2014 8:43:58 AM
Favourite Metal Gear game, for me personally, goes to MGR.

I always had a thing for games like this (DMC, Bayonetta, etc), but that's not the reason this is my favourite game, I played MGS 1, 2 and 3. The best part about this game, are the characters. Blade Wolf for example, learning about freedom and choice. Monsoon is possibly one the best bossfights I ever had, it ticked all the right boxes and gives a great challenge.

And of course Armstrong, the most "over-the-top-yet-believable" final boss. He is extremely memorable, and also provides a really fun and challenging fight.

As far as the normal Solid games go, I liked 2 best for some reason. I never took any issues with Raiden, I loved the view he provided, looking down on Snake, and his backstory was rather compelling and interesting aswell. And the massive mindf*ck in the last part of the game, still is one of the best plot devices ever.
---
XboX GT - Nazanir
#7orangeneePosted 3/16/2014 9:01:09 AM
3 as it felt the most stealthy with the camo and no radar. Loved the final boss fight too with the music intensifying as the fight went on. Subsistence version of course.

Revengeance I never actually finished as I rented it, always planned on buying it though as what I played was very enjoyable.

Honourable mention goes to 4 as I played that the most out of all of them.
---
Peace has cost you your strength, victory has defeated you.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#8futureops99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 9:12:19 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Not a big fan of the series but if I had to pick if say peace walker on the psp.

Should I get Peace Walker on PSP or PS2 ???
---
Call of Duty Online>Map:Xbox 360 Board>Mode:Troll Elimination>
Futureops [Predator Drone] Troll_Kurgan777
#9glassghost0Posted 3/16/2014 9:15:02 AM
futureops99 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Neither, get it for PS3 or 360
---
New User (3) - Awarded to users with at least 25 Karma.
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#10Tyronelio1Posted 3/16/2014 9:15:22 AM
futureops99 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Never played it on the ps2 but it takes a while to he used to on the psp, but once you learn it, it's one of the best games on the console and my favourite MGS game.

I think there may be a port for the consoles?
---