This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like Halo 3: ODST?

#21SeekAndDestroy2Posted 3/16/2014 11:55:35 PM
blazinapple posted...
worst halo game in the series for me. halo wars > odst. for a city supposed to be taken over by covenant. i expected ALOT of enemies to be walking around the city and do some stealth moves to get to places. that was not the case.

the lack of duel wielding made no sense whatsoever. i guess you gotta be a spartan to be smart enough to use two smgs or two plasma pistols or a plasma pistol and smg which makes the ODSTs look like bumbling morons. although it would make sense given how they were dumb whenever you saw them in any other halo campaign.

the only saving grace which was quickly replaced by a giant WTF, was when you can only play firefight with people who bought it on your friends list or scour the internet for other owners and friend them. lame city.

should of been a $20 dlc. its the only halo game i ever regret buying full price.

I wholly agree, ODST gets way too much praise. It was very lackluster and nothing more than a half baked money grab.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577
#22blazinapplePosted 3/17/2014 12:19:58 AM
i have a gamepro magazine saying it was the greatest halo ever when it was released. i lmfao and wondered how this guy got his job. i then realized he probably got paid off with goodies or cash for such nonsense.

anywho, everyone has differing opinions and some might find this being the best halo which i find disturbing and sad. i fear to see the day someone says spartan assault is the best halo ever. that deserves a hanging lolol.
---
vote for pedro
#23Splice_Posted 3/17/2014 1:03:02 AM
I didn't really so much consider it a Halo game as a "what would have happened if the Firefly guys joined the alliance" simulator. Those must have been fun recording sessions for them
#24EvVv3Posted 3/17/2014 6:57:45 AM
One great game and I can help, I remember where all of the terminals are, how to get endure easily and the other 4 player co-op acheivos.
---
<('-'<) ^( '-' )^ <( '-' )> ^( '-' )^ (>'-')>
#25AWarAmp84Posted 3/17/2014 7:07:19 AM
I hated it. To me it was just a cash grab. Plus, I'm not really a fan of horde/firefight game modes.
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#26ObligatoryFate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 7:22:49 AM
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
C810 posted...
Someone suggested a survival horror-esque game where you play as a regular grunt and I thought that sounded awesome

I'm still waiting for a spin off where we get to play as covenant and see things from their perspective. Halo 2 had a little of that with the Arbiter but a whole game where we play as spec ops Elites or something would be awesome. I also like your idea of a survival horror Halo game but I doubt that would ever happen unfortunately.
I can see doing it as a regular infantry elite, but not spec-ops bc that would ruin the S/H story. You can't make a good S/H with Chuck Norris as the lone protagonist, we already know he survives.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66344180
#27este914Posted 3/17/2014 8:54:00 AM
Awesome single player campaign. Now I need to get this again and play thru it.
---
~-> este914 <-~
Mind Over Matter.
#28Jamin-7Posted 3/17/2014 9:07:05 AM
I really liked it.

Changing perspective to an ODST made it feel fresh, as well as the gameplay changes (more of a shout out to Halo: CE, really, with the health system). Each ODST in the squad had personality (besides The Rookie). Soundtrack was amazing, probably Halo's finest for me (that jazzy feel was brilliant).

blazinapple posted...
the lack of duel wielding made no sense whatsoever. i guess you gotta be a spartan to be smart enough to use two smgs or two plasma pistols or a plasma pistol and smg which makes the ODSTs look like bumbling morons.

Spartans can't dual wield in Halo Reach, or Halo 4. Gameplay and balancing purposes.
---
"Hmm... your architecture isn't much different from the Autumn's..."
"Don't get any funny ideas."
#29Evil Ryu919Posted 3/17/2014 10:35:18 AM
I loved ODST, the music and the levels were great. I just wished it was more human like, such as not being able to lift heavy weapons and flip vehicles. Also I think the $60 tag was a bit much I loved the firefight, I just wish it were easier to set matches up with others, I constantly was on the ODST board looking for help. Oddly though this firefight was not nearly as fun to me as it was in Reach. Spartan Ops in 4 is ok though.
---
If only I could use fanatical text to feed the poor and heal the sick. These boards would save millions of lives.-Gorrilian
#30ObligatoryFate(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 10:52:39 AM
Evil Ryu919 posted...
I loved ODST, the music and the levels were great. I just wished it was more human like, such as not being able to lift heavy weapons and flip vehicles. Also I think the $60 tag was a bit much I loved the firefight, I just wish it were easier to set matches up with others, I constantly was on the ODST board looking for help. Oddly though this firefight was not nearly as fun to me as it was in Reach. Spartan Ops in 4 is ok though.
I agreed with you up to the last two sentences: ODST FF is better, and SO is very lack luster bc lives don't matter.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66344180