This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else thinks season passes should include ALL DLC?

#1SeekAndDestroy2Posted 3/16/2014 4:13:40 PM
I'm tired of games releasing season passes that don't even include everything. Sure they include all the big expansions/map packs but they always seem to still charge extra for little things like costumes and skins, sometimes even weapons. Pretty much every game with a season pass does this too. Who else thinks they should include the little things?
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577
#2joegt123Posted 3/16/2014 4:18:45 PM
Agreed.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#3ReportMeTyreePosted 3/16/2014 4:19:45 PM
I've only ever bought one season pass (BioShock Infinite, got the game for free and thought why the hell not), i liked it enough to support the company and thought it was a great deal. I do think they should include all DLC but then the company would have to charge more. It wouldn't make sense to get $50 of DLC for only $20
---
Now playing: One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, Dead Space 3, Gravity Rush, MGS V: Ground Zeroes, Tomb Raider,AC:IV, WWE 2k14, Just Cause 2, Saints Row IV,Tales of X
#4darren19822000Posted 3/16/2014 4:20:38 PM
as long as its not somehting they add later...i got the season pass for halo 4 and got the 3 maps packs..they also released a 4th dlc that wasnt included. i doubt it was planned when the pass was made.

i dont care about skins.avatar stuff
---
gt darren reefnugs
#5kungfuj0Posted 3/16/2014 7:11:55 PM
I don't like season passes at all. It means that the company is planning DLC ahead of time instead of AFTER release, which is when DLC should be thought about, IMO.
---
And to think...people laughed at me when I said MS could out-EA EA any day of the week.
Who's laughing now, *****es???
#6minun73Posted 3/16/2014 7:26:18 PM
I would've loved to not have had to buy each injustice costume pack separately (which I did) but unlike some people I read the description and knew it wasn't included so I didn't complain in ignorance. For call of duty, I want the personalization packs included. Pleaseeee!
---
3ds friend code: 2208 5506 9979 playing PKMN x. IGN: Josiah
Xbox live: minun73. Pkmn x/y gym league: http://gamefaqspkmnleague.freeforums.net/ (steel leader)
#7Tyronelio1Posted 3/16/2014 7:28:40 PM
minun73 posted...
I would've loved to not have had to buy each injustice costume pack separately (which I did) but unlike some people I read the description and knew it wasn't included so I didn't complain in ignorance. For call of duty, I want the personalization packs included. Pleaseeee!

But then you'll be getting an extremely good value for money and you know how publishers don't like giving us incredibly good value for our money with the passes. :P
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#8minun73Posted 3/16/2014 7:30:40 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
minun73 posted...

But then you'll be getting an extremely good value for money and you know how publishers don't like giving us incredibly good value for our money with the passes. :P

Oh yeah, how silly of me! :P
---
3ds friend code: 2208 5506 9979 playing PKMN x. IGN: Josiah
Xbox live: minun73. Pkmn x/y gym league: http://gamefaqspkmnleague.freeforums.net/ (steel leader)
#9Kurgan777Posted 3/16/2014 8:21:21 PM
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
I'm tired of games releasing season passes that don't even include everything. Sure they include all the big expansions/map packs but they always seem to still charge extra for little things like costumes and skins, sometimes even weapons. Pretty much every game with a season pass does this too. Who else thinks they should include the little things?

There's no rule that says there can only be one "season" to release DLC in, if a developer feels like continuing on with the DLC production, let them, it's not your call to put a stop to things just because you feel it's not convenient for yourself.

It's the same thing with GoTY releases, they don't have to include everything in the GoTY edition, especially if they release more DLC after the GoTY edition.

Neither the term "season pass" or the term "game of the year edition" are all-inclusive when it comes to DLC, they never have been, and they never should be either.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#10SeekAndDestroy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 8:23:49 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...

There's no rule that says there can only be one "season" to release DLC in, if a developer feels like continuing on with the DLC production, let them, it's not your call to put a stop to things just because you feel it's not convenient for yourself.

It's the same thing with GoTY releases, they don't have to include everything in the GoTY edition, especially if they release more DLC after the GoTY edition.

Neither the term "season pass" or the term "game of the year edition" are all-inclusive when it comes to DLC, they never have been, and they never should be either.

Sounds like you just like to be ripped off.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577