This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else thinks season passes should include ALL DLC?

#11TwoNumbThumbsPosted 3/16/2014 8:30:48 PM
Quote:I don't like season passes at all. It means that the company is planning DLC ahead of time instead of AFTER release, which is when DLC should be thought about, IMO.
@kungfuj0

Or even advertised/EA
---
Argo **** yourself
#12Tyronelio1Posted 3/16/2014 8:32:56 PM
Look at borderlands 2, for the fans of the game they got more value with the season pass than any other season pass.

But there was still outfits and a whole bunch of dlc after it ran out.

Which is fair.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.
#13Kurgan777Posted 3/16/2014 8:39:49 PM
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
Kurgan777 posted...
I'm tired of games releasing season passes that don't even include everything. Sure they include all the big expansions/map packs but they always seem to still charge extra for little things like costumes and skins, sometimes even weapons. Pretty much every game with a season pass does this too. Who else thinks they should include the little things?

There's no rule that says there can only be one "season" to release DLC in, if a developer feels like continuing on with the DLC production, let them, it's not your call to put a stop to things just because you feel it's not convenient for yourself.

It's the same thing with GoTY releases, they don't have to include everything in the GoTY edition, especially if they release more DLC after the GoTY edition.

Neither the term "season pass" or the term "game of the year edition" are all-inclusive when it comes to DLC, they never have been, and they never should be either.

Sounds like you just like to be ripped off.

How am I being ripped off when I'm not forced to buy any of it???

How am I being ripped off if I actually LIKE the continuing DLC instead of an abrupt arbitrary cut-off date that you propose???

Your way sucks.

I want the games to continue to be supported instead of abandoned after an arbitrary date like you do, mostly because it means continuing bugfixes might become available to fix issues within the game that were not addressed before release, or fix issues found after release, or fix totally unforeseen issues caused by the DLC itself.

If it weren't for continued support, games like Borderlands 2 would be a massive buggy unbalanced mess, but they continue to find issues and FIX THEM on a regular basis. They also continue to add even more DLC as well as support current players with more Shift codes for ingame content every single week, often multiple times per week.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#14Kurgan777Posted 3/16/2014 8:44:10 PM
kungfuj0 posted...
I don't like season passes at all. It means that the company is planning DLC ahead of time instead of AFTER release, which is when DLC should be thought about, IMO.

A Season Pass system could easily be thought up and implemented in the time it takes between the "Gone Gold" date (where the finalized game gets shipped off to the mass duplicators) and the release date. There's often many months worth of time between those 2 dates, especially for games deliberately delayed to be released at the most lucrative time of the year.

That's enough time to create the entire season pass system and the DLC that would be included in the season pass.
---
#15SeekAndDestroy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 8:44:17 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Look at borderlands 2, for the fans of the game they got more value with the season pass than any other season pass.

Which is fair.

This was actually one of the games I had in mind when I made this topic. I thought the four expansions were great and the level cap increase was nice but I wish it included the second level cap increase and all the skins and headhunter packs as well. I wouldn't even mind it being a bit more expensive, but I get that those things were added later and never intended to be part of the pass.

I just really hate how devs never include the little things to get you to shell out even more money, I feel like the BL2 pass should have included all the skins. Why? Because why the hell not? Why wouldn't they include skins that do nothing but make you look different? Oh yeah, because they want your money, that's why. And why the hell would they release the GOTY edition before the headhunter packs and another level cap came out? So you have to pay extra for them. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like these practices. It doesn't matter that you are getting what they are advertising, it's the idea that they could give you even more and they choose not to.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577
#16SeekAndDestroy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 8:51:20 PM
And I feel like there needs to be a line drawn here. Games like BL2 that had a full season pass worth every penny, and then later added even more stuff, are one thing. Games like Call of Duty Black Ops 2 and Ghosts that release personalization packs alongside the map packs are a whole different story. If you think that the season pass owners should still have to pay for weapon camos then you are crazy. They really should be included. I consider BL2 similarly with its character skins that you have to pay for, not the headhunter packs. Those were handled differently. There is no reason why the season pass players shouldn't have gotten those character skins.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577
#17QuetzocoetlPosted 3/16/2014 8:54:13 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...

Which is fair.

This was actually one of the games I had in mind when I made this topic. I thought the four expansions were great and the level cap increase was nice but I wish it included the second level cap increase and all the skins and headhunter packs as well. I wouldn't even mind it being a bit more expensive, but I get that those things were added later and never intended to be part of the pass.

I just really hate how devs never include the little things to get you to shell out even more money, I feel like the BL2 pass should have included all the skins. Why? Because why the hell not? Why wouldn't they include skins that do nothing but make you look different? Oh yeah, because they want your money, that's why. And why the hell would they release the GOTY edition before the headhunter packs and another level cap came out? So you have to pay extra for them. I know I'm not the only one who doesn't like these practices. It doesn't matter that you are getting what they are advertising, it's the idea that they could give you even more and they choose not to.

Arguably, the same logic could be applied to selling DLC or passes at all, they could give you all that for free, they just choose not to.
Same goes for sequels. They could just use the profits made from the first game to send the second one out to every fan for free, but they choose not to.

Don't start down that slippery slope. There could be a large variety of budgetary, logistic or publisher-mandated issues that result in situations like that.
Maybe the later DLC would've forced them to go over budget if they had offered it as part of the pass.
And who knows? Maybe the sales of those "little things" help to fund the development of more DLC and other projects.

Honestly, the one type of season pass we should be upset about are ones the don't clearly inform the consumer about their contents, or the ones that don't even work properly (Halo 4's comes to mind...).
---
Retribution Boards >retribution.muux.org< -Free Forum, Free Speech.
Gamertag: Quetzocoetl
#18ssj5goku2005Posted 3/16/2014 8:56:48 PM(edited)
When I read the title, I thought this meant DLC that was thought of after the season pass is announced/finished its "season", in which case I still agree, but I understand why it's not included

But then I read the post, and I agree 100%
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#19Kurgan777Posted 3/16/2014 9:02:33 PM
it's the idea that they could give you even more and they choose not to.

Wait just one f***ing minute......

You refer to Borderlands 2, you try (and fail) to argue that they don't give you enough, then you have the stupidity to whine and b**** when they DO give you more???

Just stop now, lock this topic, you just lost all credibility.

You're only b****ing because everything isn't tied up in one package, boo f***ing hoo, cry more elsewhere. What, don't mommy and daddy let you buy more than one thing at a time???

You could actually get everything in the season pass for BL2, as well as everything not included in the pass, for less than full price if you waited for the sales.
---
#20Tyronelio1Posted 3/16/2014 9:07:48 PM
This is probably the first and last time ill ever agree 100% with kurgan.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
"Men do not cry for themselves, but for their comrades" - Sephiroth.