This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else thinks season passes should include ALL DLC?

#21thekozmicpigPosted 3/16/2014 10:14:15 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
This is probably the first and last time ill ever agree 100% with kurgan.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Or something. I dunno.
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#22SeekAndDestroy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 10:27:18 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
it's the idea that they could give you even more and they choose not to.

Wait just one f***ing minute......

You refer to Borderlands 2, you try (and fail) to argue that they don't give you enough, then you have the stupidity to whine and b**** when they DO give you more???

Just stop now, lock this topic, you just lost all credibility.

You're only b****ing because everything isn't tied up in one package, boo f***ing hoo, cry more elsewhere. What, don't mommy and daddy let you buy more than one thing at a time???

You could actually get everything in the season pass for BL2, as well as everything not included in the pass, for less than full price if you waited for the sales.

When did I ever say that they didn't give enough with the season pass? The expansions were great, it was worth every penny. What I said is that it should have included the skins too. They released them inbetween the DLCs, they were only unlock keys so you can wear them, but they made everyone pay extra for them instead of including them with the pass. If you like paying extra for skins then that's good for you, but most people would have preferred the skins to be included with the expansions. I think you're getting the wrong idea from this topic, I'm really just talking about how skins and weapon camos and that sort of thing should be included with season passes. I'm not talking about how after the season is over sometimes they release more content (like in BL2 case). That stuff is cool, and I do like seeing more support for great games.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577
#23Jedi454Posted 3/16/2014 10:28:27 PM
Borderlands 2 is the only season pass i've actually bought and I got it on sale and thought it was definitely worth the money.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#24SeekAndDestroy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 10:34:05 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Borderlands 2 is the only season pass i've actually bought and I got it on sale and thought it was definitely worth the money.

And I agree, I don't want people getting the wrong idea. I played hundreds of hours of BL2 and got the season pass and everything, awesome game, awesome DLCs. But I don't get why the character skin packs weren't included in the pass, there is no reason why they shouldn't be other than financial reasons. The same could be said for Call of Duty games among others. Wouldn't you have liked it if Gearbox had added the extra skins for season pass purchasers? I can't think of anyone that wouldn't, besides maybe Kurgan.
---
#25Kurgan777Posted 3/16/2014 11:00:04 PM
Kurgan777 posted...

You refer to Borderlands 2, you try (and fail) to argue that they don't give you enough, then you have the stupidity to whine and b**** when they DO give you more???

You're only b****ing because everything isn't tied up in one package, boo f***ing hoo, cry more elsewhere. What, don't mommy and daddy let you buy more than one thing at a time???

You could actually get everything in the season pass for BL2, as well as everything not included in the pass, for less than full price if you waited for the sales.

When did I ever say that they didn't give enough with the season pass? The expansions were great, it was worth every penny. What I said is that it should have included the skins too. They released them inbetween the DLCs, they were only unlock keys so you can wear them, but they made everyone pay extra for them instead of including them with the pass. If you like paying extra for skins then that's good for you, but most people would have preferred the skins to be included with the expansions. I think you're getting the wrong idea from this topic, I'm really just talking about how skins and weapon camos and that sort of thing should be included with season passes. I'm not talking about how after the season is over sometimes they release more content (like in BL2 case). That stuff is cool, and I do like seeing more support for great games.

Wrong, the skins were NOT unlock keys, one look at the filesize for each one proves that.

Disc Locked Content unlocked by keys is typically VERY small in filesize, usually in the range of 108KB, kilobytes.

The skins for BL2 went from 6MB, to over 14MB. They included one head and one skin each.

There's only one thing in the BL2 DLC list that's 108KB, and that's the first level increase pack. All the rest is legitimate downloadable content and NOT disc locked content.

You're still b****ing solely because it wasn't all tied up in one package and presented just for your lazy ass with a bow on top.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#26SeekAndDestroy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 11:10:52 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
Kurgan777 posted...

Wrong, the skins were NOT unlock keys, one look at the filesize for each one proves that.

Disc Locked Content unlocked by keys is typically VERY small in filesize, usually in the range of 108KB, kilobytes.

The skins for BL2 went from 6MB, to over 14MB. They included one head and one skin each.

There's only one thing in the BL2 DLC list that's 108KB, and that's the first level increase pack. All the rest is legitimate downloadable content and NOT disc locked content.

You're still b****ing solely because it wasn't all tied up in one package and presented just for your lazy ass with a bow on top.

So you like paying a dollar each for 6MB character skin files? It doesn't change anything. And I swear they used to cost even more before, they weren't always a dollar. You keep enjoying paying for microtransactions, stupid people like you are the reason they exist in the first place.
---
#27Kurgan777Posted 3/16/2014 11:44:15 PM
So you like paying a dollar each for 6MB character skin files? It doesn't change anything. And I swear they used to cost even more before, they weren't always a dollar. You keep enjoying paying for microtransactions, stupid people like you are the reason they exist in the first place.

That's 6MB-14MB worth of texture art and 3D modeling, for a buck.

OMFG A WHOLE DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!! Don't go to McDonald's for lunch once or twice, you just saved enough to buy all the skins and maybe one of the Headhunter packs too.

Are you gonna b**** about the 31 Avatar items too???

If they were all in a single pack I would be forced to buy them all, and I didn't want them all so I didn't buy them all.

Nobody is forcing you to buy them, they're not needed to play the game. There's a TON of heads and skins already in the game to unlock, and you're b****ing about 4 or 5 extras made after the game was completed.

And you're wrong about the prices too, they were never more expensive than 1 dollar, XBLDB.com keeps track of price changes, they started at 1 dollar and haven't changed since release.

http://xbldb.com/games/000-702

Here's a hint for you, Microsoft paid for all my DLC, that's why I don't give a s*** when it comes to things I like, and I don't buy the stuff I don't like.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#28SeekAndDestroy2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 11:52:18 PM
Kurgan777 posted...

OMFG A WHOLE DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!! Don't go to McDonald's for lunch once or twice, you just saved enough to buy all the skins and maybe one of the Headhunter packs too.

If they were all in a single pack I would be forced to buy them all, and I didn't want them all so I didn't buy them all.

Nobody is forcing you to buy them, they're not needed to play the game. There's a TON of heads and skins already in the game to unlock, and you're b****ing about 4 or 5 extras made after the game was completed.

And you're wrong about the prices too, they were never more expensive than 1 dollar, XBLDB.com keeps track of price changes, they started at 1 dollar and haven't changed since release.

Here's a hint for you, Microsoft paid for all my DLC, that's why I don't give a s*** when it comes to things I like, and I don't buy the stuff I don't like.

Fair enough. I never bought any skins because I didn't feel like they were worth it, but if people want to buy them then by all means go for it. This topic got really derailed there, I think a better title would have been "who else thinks season passes should include cosmetic items and other microtransactions". That would have gone smoother, oh well.
---
#29SILENTGHOSTS96Posted 3/17/2014 12:20:12 AM
Kurgan777 posted...

Fair enough. I never bought any skins because I didn't feel like they were worth it, but if people want to buy them then by all means go for it. This topic got really derailed there, I think a better title would have been "who else thinks season passes should include cosmetic items and other microtransactions". That would have gone smoother, oh well.

i agree with skins,camos and other stuff should be in the season pass
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#30Jedi454Posted 3/17/2014 12:27:20 AM
Jedi454 posted...

And I agree, I don't want people getting the wrong idea. I played hundreds of hours of BL2 and got the season pass and everything, awesome game, awesome DLCs. But I don't get why the character skin packs weren't included in the pass, there is no reason why they shouldn't be other than financial reasons. The same could be said for Call of Duty games among others. Wouldn't you have liked it if Gearbox had added the extra skins for season pass purchasers? I can't think of anyone that wouldn't, besides maybe Kurgan.

Absolutely should be in the season pass. All DLC should be at a fixed price in a season pass so a customer only has to buy one more thing on top of the game itself.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.