This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for more RPG's to play

#1AhzidalPosted 3/17/2014 1:48:26 PM
So title says it all really. I've already played all the FF's, eternal sonata, diablo, borderlands, skyrim, Fallout. I'm looking for an RPG more on the strategy side and action. Plus LOTS of content like a lot of leveling, farming, end game stuff, add ons, and something that I can put a lot of time into and is always fun to play. Please list any RPG's similar to the ones above that I may be interested in or just something new I could try.
---
Xbox GamerTag: ii AxelForce ii
#2ryanrolainPosted 3/17/2014 1:50:01 PM
Star ocean the last hope. Huge game and excellent gameplay.
#3WinternovaPosted 3/17/2014 2:01:14 PM
What possessions of an RPG are you looking to play with?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#4shawnmckPosted 3/17/2014 4:08:06 PM
Can't think of any strategy based RPG's, but there are plenty of Action-heavy RPG's...

Dragon's Dogma (get the Dark Arisen version, as it is the complete ed)

The Witcher 2

Dark Souls 1 & 2...It gets a rep for being extremely hard, but what it really has is a very steep learning curve...but once you memorize enemy locations & enemy attack patterns, then the game becomes much easier.

And if you liked Borderlands, then I would also suggest Dead Island, since it plays very similar, except that it has an emphasis on melee weapons (although there are guns too), and it involves the zombie apocalypse.
Some people don't like it, but I loved it.
#5Spartan718Posted 3/17/2014 4:13:00 PM
Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Fable Trilogy... I am currently alternating between them myself
---
PSN:Spartan_718 GT:Cruril79
playing: Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery
#6shawnmckPosted 3/17/2014 4:14:06 PM
Although, if you are really looking forward to a heavy strategy based game, then there is always Blood Bowl...which is a turn-based and grid-based strategy game that combines Fantasy elements with football.
It takes quite a bit to learn all the rules, because everything revolves around stats and dice-roll...but once you learn how to play and learn how to take advantage of your team against the opponents team, then it becomes strangely satisfying.
But because of its heavy turn-based strategy, it can turn some people off.
#7pots555Posted 3/17/2014 4:48:55 PM
On the ps3, if you have one, I am currently playing White Knight Chronicles II. It comes with the first game and their is a lot of content.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is also a good choice.

Dark Souls is fantastic. Really hard but rewarding. I started it for the first time last week and I am having a blast.

Divinity II: The dragon knight saga comes with the main game and it's expension. Over 100 hours of playtime. Older game but pure rpg.

Arcania Gothic 4. Older game but very enjoyable in my opinion.
---
Playing Dark Souls and Final Fantasy XIII-2.
#8NolaxPosted 3/17/2014 4:51:03 PM
ryanrolain posted...
Star ocean the last hope. Huge game and excellent gameplay.

This but with the sound muted, one of the worst voice cast ever in a rpg, ps3 got the best version.
#9joegt123Posted 3/17/2014 5:30:51 PM
Lost Odyssey requires a handful of strategy to survive. Especially in the disproportionately difficult boss fights.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#10QuestionmarktariusPosted 3/17/2014 8:47:48 PM
There's always Blue Dragon.