This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I am looking to start recording videos what do you guys recommend?

#1Homie_202Posted 3/20/2014 12:06:13 PM
I am looking to start recording gameplay videos. What device do you guys mostly recommend? I was thinking about the elgato. I am mostly wanting to do lets plays where I am talking about what's going on. Not really planning on doing to much MP stuff. I may do some but probably not right away. Also what's a good editing software? And I am using a PC.
#2fiasco86Posted 3/20/2014 12:32:40 PM(edited)
My brother has an Elgato...not sure which model or anything like that, but he likes it.

I use an Avermedia AverTV HD Capture Card. It's pretty good, though the included software isn't the most user-friendly and you have to be comfortable adding parts to your PC.

As far as editing software, anything good is going to cost you. I use Adobe Premiere (CS6) and I love it. I've also heard good things about Sony Vegas. With Windows, you can get Windows Movie Maker for free, but don't expect to be doing anything other than basic editing with it....and even that can be a headache.

If you want to see the kind of quality you can expect from the capture card I use, check out any of the Xbox 360 or PS3 games on my channel, linked in my sig.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#3XeroxicidePosted 3/20/2014 12:35:02 PM
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2-gaming.html

I have this; it's not too bad. Easy to set up and easy to use.
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.
#4SILENTGHOSTS96Posted 3/20/2014 12:38:06 PM
Homie_202 posted...
I am looking to start recording gameplay videos. What device do you guys mostly recommend? I was thinking about the elgato. I am mostly wanting to do lets plays where I am talking about what's going on. Not really planning on doing to much MP stuff. I may do some but probably not right away. Also what's a good editing software? And I am using a PC.

I reccommend el gato or hauppauge. if you go avermedia becarefeul which you get some require a harddrive but thats just certain models
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#5Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 12:40:31 PM
Ok thanks guys. Does anyone know is recording your voice pretty easy with the elgato?