This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the one thing stopping you from getting a next gen console

#1SILENTGHOSTS96Posted 3/20/2014 4:26:12 PM
for me its that I have too much money put into my xbox 360 probbally have 300 dollar worth of games on demand. Also I dont want to be pumping money into two consoles I can afford yes but I try to budget myslef on games ya know!
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#2darren19822000Posted 3/20/2014 4:28:03 PM
no good games out. im not buying a 500$ machine for maybe 1 game that isnt going to be on the 360.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#3protomahnPosted 3/20/2014 4:28:37 PM
-backlog
-nextgen doesn't have many games I want
-nextgen consoles early batches tend to RROD/YLOD. Waiting for improvements to quality and pricedrop
-having tons of fun with 360/PS3 games
---
http://i.imgur.com/EHC2iKF.gif
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 3/20/2014 4:29:25 PM
No one thing, several things. Not enough of a library, later models will be more reliable and likely have more memory (which all my friends who have current gen consoles are already complaining about), more firmware patches will be out of the way, etc.

Apparently the XBone controller is getting a small redesign as well.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#5GamerguymassPosted 3/20/2014 4:36:08 PM
Money. I would have already bought a Wii U if I had the cash.

As for why I have bought MS or Sony's systems, that's simple. It's because are MS and Sony's systems. They have an absolutely horribly abysmal track record when it co.we to their consoles and hardware defects. Sony has had issues with every console, or at least the last two. I'm not sure of the PS since I didn't own it.

We all know there will be some major hardware problem that will pop up with these consoles sometime this year or into next, so why bother wasting the money. Their record speaks for itself. They need to prove they can make a none defective console before I start buying them earlier in their lifespan. It's not like I am expecting them to be as good as Nintendo on failure rates, but it would be nice if they could get out of the double digits.

Also obviously games. Sure they will have a bunch of games I will want to play, but why waste the money now when they won't be out for years?
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#6IStopVitalSignSPosted 3/20/2014 4:45:35 PM
I'm still enjoying my 360, and prices are dropping on games. No point to upgrade when I'm having plenty of fun as it is...
#7DxZ99Posted 3/20/2014 4:48:08 PM
All the above.
---
''I couldn't help but notice your pain!''
''It runs deep, share it with me!''
#8MertensCWPosted 3/20/2014 4:53:55 PM
Waiting for Witcher 3, backlog and to replay games.

Also want to avoid any bad consoles. For all we know PS4s and X1s could start dying any day.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#9orangeneePosted 3/20/2014 4:57:29 PM
Early 360 taught me well, I should not have to use the warranty ever. Certainly not within a year.

Oh and no gaemz, seems both parties are forgetting their consoles primary purpose this time.
---
Peace has cost you your strength, victory has defeated you.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#10thedude008Posted 3/20/2014 4:58:47 PM
the only thing still enticing me is bigger battlefield 4 matches.
that alone doesn't justify a purchase currently for me.