This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the one thing stopping you from getting a next gen console

#131MortimerBrewstrPosted 3/21/2014 8:04:37 PM
Lack of games and I have plenty PS3 games that need beating at the moment.
---
When your reputation is ruined you can live quite freely.
Low Price Revolution
#132SFFStevenPosted 3/21/2014 8:36:02 PM
I may never get a next gen console. I switched to the 360 from a long line of expensive gaming PCs to avoid insane copy protection, platform instability and 'release now, patch later' game development -futile effort as it turns out.

I'm not sure about the PS4 yet, but the XBOne has been ruled out completely as an option. I don't want my gaming machine compromised by extra features I don't need. I want a gaming console, not an all-inclusive home entertainment system compromised with a ton of crap software masquerading as 'features' -that's just a PC condensed into a smaller, generic box.

Besides, like a lot of people, I have dial-up internet.
---
My opinions sometimes masquerade as facts. You have been warned.
#133Oldskool_RulezPosted 3/21/2014 8:53:13 PM
Retro consoles and games. Seriously, why buy a new console when there is plenty of older consoles and games available. Call it nostalgia or whatever, but I'd rather buy a Sega Saturn than buy an Xbox One at the moment.

Nothing really interests me on the Xbox One, as well as the PS4 and Wii U for the time being. For now, I'll stick with my Xbox 360. I just wish Microsoft would release more classics on their system, kinda like the Wii did. I know they wouldn't be able to release Nintendo games on their service, but there's still hundreds of games that Microsoft could put up for sale.

Seems like all Microsoft cares about nowadays is the AAA titles. It's really sad when I think about it :(
---
You don't need a reason to help people.
Don't y'all know nothin'?
#134Spartan718Posted 3/21/2014 9:06:33 PM
protomahn posted...
-backlog
-nextgen doesn't have many games I want
-nextgen consoles early batches tend to RROD/YLOD. Waiting for improvements to quality and pricedrop
-having tons of fun with 360/PS3 games

^this^
---
PSN:Spartan_718 GT:Cruril79
playing: Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery
#135dan77733Posted 3/22/2014 8:00:16 PM
Money. That's the main reason. Secondary reason is im waiting to see if there will be a Watch Dogs bundle for $400. I doubt it but its worth waiting to see.

Either way, be the time Watch Dogs gets released, I'll have my PS4. As for people saying that there's no games for either console, it all depends on the type of games that interest you. For me, there's currently three (Assassin's Creed IV, Knack and Thief) games that I want to play on PS4 with another five games by the time Watch Dogs gets released which is included in those five games.

So, I'll already have a PS4 backlog by the time I get the console. Back to no games for either console, every console's launch has had minimal to no "must buy" games for it so its not like this generation is any different than the past.
#136ssj5goku2005Posted 3/23/2014 12:00:52 AM
SILENTGHOSTS96 posted...
isnt rock band and guitar hero dead? I love those games but seems they dropped support for them

This is true HOWEVER I think a few years down the road...Harmonix will try a revival with Rock Band 4

Now, my question is...with no backwards compatibility, what would happen to all the DLC from the past Rock Bands? I know Guitar Hero would just start clean (and put the old DLC out as new DLC) but Harmonix actually seems dedicated to their fans, would they try to find a way to implement 360 DLC into next-gen?

Sorry, I'm a music game fan so I often wonder this
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#137CaIiber345Posted 3/23/2014 1:37:25 AM
ssj5goku2005 posted...
SILENTGHOSTS96 posted...
isnt rock band and guitar hero dead? I love those games but seems they dropped support for them

This is true HOWEVER I think a few years down the road...Harmonix will try a revival with Rock Band 4

Now, my question is...with no backwards compatibility, what would happen to all the DLC from the past Rock Bands? I know Guitar Hero would just start clean (and put the old DLC out as new DLC) but Harmonix actually seems dedicated to their fans, would they try to find a way to implement 360 DLC into next-gen?

Sorry, I'm a music game fan so I often wonder this

A friend and I discussed this recently. I absolutely adored Guitar Hero, 2, 3, GH: Metallica, and Rock Band, 2, 3. I have over 700 songs for RB3, and I know one person with thousands of songs. Without those libraries carrying over to the next release, I'm not buying. That pains me to say it, but after spending all of that money, I won't do it again. It's doubtful that they'd port all of those tracks over since that takes time and maybe recoding. (Is that a word?) Plus I imagine that many tracks are contracted for a certain time and/or number of games. So unless specifically worded to be open for future installments, it's unlikely we'd get many, if any, of those songs. =(

I'm also taking the same mentality with Arcade/Digital games on PS4 (and Xbox One when I buy one). On Xbox 360, I have 100+ titles, mostly Arcade but a few Indie and GoD. When they kill support for LIVE on 360, where do those games ($$$) go? Poof! So basically it's a rental. Screw that. I'll still buy a few games here and there, but not like I did last gen.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#138LoneCourier2281Posted 3/23/2014 1:41:49 AM
Guitar Hero: Justin Bieber.
---
"We're talking about how many more moves than we've seen before?"
#139VonstrutaPosted 3/29/2014 1:02:29 PM
orangenee posted...
Early 360 taught me well, I should not have to use the warranty ever. Certainly not within a year.

Oh and no gaemz, seems both parties are forgetting their consoles primary purpose this time.

I too learned from jumping to the 360 to early.
Also I know of only 1 maybe 2 games for XBone I would want.
#140jakeDiLLaPosted 3/29/2014 1:50:57 PM
there's more than one reason but the main one is I could build a new gaming PC for about the same price and get comparable graphics and much MUCH more games
---
Toronto Raptors fan for life. Best game of all time: Deus Ex: Invisible War. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.