This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Of the 3 games (max payne 3, La Noire and Bully) on sale what do you recommend

#1PominAusPosted 3/20/2014 5:34:50 PM
^Topic.
#2DxZ99Posted 3/20/2014 5:41:36 PM
The drunk guy with the flashbacks wins.
---
''I couldn't help but notice your pain!''
''It runs deep, share it with me!''
#3Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/20/2014 5:43:44 PM(edited)
max payne 3 if you want fast action

La Noire if you want immerse and thoughtful storytelling and slow paced gameplay

just depends - both are great imo

both 9/10 for me

I'd say La Noire is the most original in terms of what it's trying to do
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#4PominAus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 6:06:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess Bully isn't any good then?
#5HandGodPosted 3/20/2014 6:08:11 PM
I played Bully on PS2, and thought it was fantastic. A lot of people were wondering if it would be a neutered GTA, and it really was so much more. It had a lot of charm to it, a great sense of humor, fun missions and it was just a great time. Heard it was buggy on 360, though.

LA Noire is kind of hard to recommend. I generally liked it, but having seen people on here carry on about how boring it was (somewhat understandable), it's really one of those love or hate kind of things that's really up to you to decide where you stand on it. It's an acquired taste, and I will warn you that the replay value is not high at all, since everything is so scripted and the whole "dynamic" to the crime solving with reading people's faces, making choices that affect the way the case plays out and the like, are all pretty shallow.

Max Payne's a blast, though. Not sure about multiplayer, but it has a good story, and probably one of the better third person shooter campaigns I've played this generation.
#6PominAus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 6:20:48 PM
HandGod posted...
I played Bully on PS2, and thought it was fantastic. A lot of people were wondering if it would be a neutered GTA, and it really was so much more. It had a lot of charm to it, a great sense of humor, fun missions and it was just a great time. Heard it was buggy on 360, though.

LA Noire is kind of hard to recommend. I generally liked it, but having seen people on here carry on about how boring it was (somewhat understandable), it's really one of those love or hate kind of things that's really up to you to decide where you stand on it. It's an acquired taste, and I will warn you that the replay value is not high at all, since everything is so scripted and the whole "dynamic" to the crime solving with reading people's faces, making choices that affect the way the case plays out and the like, are all pretty shallow.

Max Payne's a blast, though. Not sure about multiplayer, but it has a good story, and probably one of the better third person shooter campaigns I've played this generation.

Appreciate the informative post. Ta!
#7Pacman2dxPosted 3/20/2014 6:24:07 PM
Depends on what you're looking for, but at a quick glance I'd go with Max Payne 3.
---
In search of solid ground.
#8schmittycent2Posted 3/20/2014 6:25:36 PM
I liked them all but most of all I liked bully. I liked the missions and the adolescent fun of it.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#9Cage of RagePosted 3/20/2014 6:34:00 PM
Bully and L.A. Noire are both great. Haven't played Max Payne 3
---
Currently Playing: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen,FO:NV(again) Saboteur, NBA 2K14