This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you ever do game franchise runs?

#31OmegaBladesPosted 3/24/2014 9:51:40 AM(edited)
I was streaming a franchise run of Resident Evil (including spinoffs), but my SCART to HDMI converter messed up on me halfway through Resident Evil (Saturn version), so its on hold till I get a better converter.

This will also give me some time to get some spinoffs I'm still missing (mainly Gaiden, and a console port of Revelations on the cheap cheap).
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#32anonmanPosted 3/24/2014 9:57:57 AM
I played Sonic 1-3&K and CD before Sonic 4 episode 2 was released.
#33popichueloPosted 3/24/2014 10:40:16 AM
Carribean_Cool posted...
Doing an Assassin's Creed run. Just completed III. Should I play IV?

Definitely. IV was a breath of fresh air after I was a little let down with III. I hated the Naval stuff in III, but IV made it work much better. Only part I found 3 did better was the current day stuff.
#34HMXTaylor_LeePosted 3/24/2014 11:23:22 AM
I tried to do so with Splinter Cell.

I got almost halfway through Splinter Cell 1 and gave up.

I skipped to Pandora Tomorrow, and all was well.

Splinter Cell 1 is hard.
#35BBBanks03Posted 3/24/2014 12:47:38 PM
Oldskool_Rulez posted...
Yes.

I have done a Resident Evil run once. It took me like 9 days to finish, but it was well worth it. I really wish I would have recorded it too, since I had some pretty funny and great moments playing the games. Anyways, here's my run that I did.

- Resident Evil (PS1) Jill
- Resident Evil: Director's Cut Dual Shock (PS1) "Arrange Mode" Chris
- Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock (PS1) Claire A + Leon B
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1)
- Resident Evil Survivor (PS1)
- Resident Evil Gaiden (GBC)

Then...

- Resident Evil 0 (GC)
- Resident Evil (GC) Chris + Jill
- Resident Evil Outbreak (PS2) All scenarios
- Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 (PS2) All scenarios
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360) USS + Spec Ops
- Resident Evil Dead Aim (PS2)
- Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2)
- Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
- Resident Evil: Degeneration (DVD)
- Resident Evil 5 (360)
- Resident Evil: Damnation (DVD)

Now that I own and have played RE6, should I do it all over again? Not until I get Revelations. :p

o_0 jesus...

Uhhh, dude... NINE DAYS??? Tell me you meant 90 days, or 9 weeks. You must have meant nine weeks...
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#36Just_The_TipPosted 3/24/2014 5:09:42 PM
I need to break things up in between sequels. I've been slowly working on AC, starting when I beat the first one back in late 2007. or 2008. Around whenever it came out, I'm foggy. Just completed Revelations last month. Already own 3, will probably get Black Flag and Liberation some day.

Finally got around to starting ME3 and am loving it so far. I played through the first two games several different times.

I just can't stay on on genre for hours at a time. I need some fresh air.
---
YOUR 2014 Superbowl Champions: THE Seattle Seahawks **The New Lords**
#37Oldskool_RulezPosted 3/25/2014 9:44:35 PM
BBBanks03 posted...
Oldskool_Rulez posted...
Yes.

I have done a Resident Evil run once. It took me like 9 days to finish, but it was well worth it. I really wish I would have recorded it too, since I had some pretty funny and great moments playing the games. Anyways, here's my run that I did.

- Resident Evil (PS1) Jill
- Resident Evil: Director's Cut Dual Shock (PS1) "Arrange Mode" Chris
- Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock (PS1) Claire A + Leon B
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1)
- Resident Evil Survivor (PS1)
- Resident Evil Gaiden (GBC)

Then...

- Resident Evil 0 (GC)
- Resident Evil (GC) Chris + Jill
- Resident Evil Outbreak (PS2) All scenarios
- Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 (PS2) All scenarios
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360) USS + Spec Ops
- Resident Evil Dead Aim (PS2)
- Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2)
- Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
- Resident Evil: Degeneration (DVD)
- Resident Evil 5 (360)
- Resident Evil: Damnation (DVD)

Now that I own and have played RE6, should I do it all over again? Not until I get Revelations. :p

o_0 jesus...

Uhhh, dude... NINE DAYS??? Tell me you meant 90 days, or 9 weeks. You must have meant nine weeks...

I swear to you man, no lie.

It's my favorite video game series of all time, so I know almost everything about the series. Resident Evil isn't a series you can pour hours and hours into, like you would with an RPG game, so they really don't take too long to finish if you know where everything is at. I can easily finish Resident Evil 1(Chris+Jill), Resident Evil 2(Leon+Claire), and Resident Evil 3 within 1 day, but when I did my run I was kinda being lazy about it. If I really tried and went at it, I could finish within 3-4 days.

Also, when I did my run, I didn't play any of the extras or mini games like Extreme Battle Mode, The Mercenaries, Leech Hunter, and so on. I only played the main story in the games.

With the Outbreak series, I picked 1 character that I would play as in each scenario, but I only played each scenario once, in the order of when it happened in the RE timeline. I usually picked the character that was featured in the scenario when available.

With Operation Raccoon City, I played the USS campaign with Vector and saved Leon and Claire, and when I played the Spec Ops campaign, I played as Willow.

All in all, when you get to know a certain game series and play it a lot, you can finish them pretty fast, unless it's an RPG.
---
You don't need a reason to help people.
Don't y'all know nothin'?
#38GuileSonicBoomPosted 3/25/2014 11:35:40 PM
3 month or 3 weeks? He didn't explain it clear enough for me.
#39Carribean_CoolPosted 3/26/2014 12:46:11 PM
Alright fellas, finished AC III 2 days ago. Right now I am installing Black Flag.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#40GawdDawgsPosted 3/26/2014 3:48:22 PM
I'm doing a God of War run right now. I'm a new PS3 owner, so picked up the GoW Saga. I've played the first 2 on PS2 only. Just finished playing them again in HD, and am now about to finish 3, and then move onto the PSP HD ports.

I also have MGS legacy collection, Infamous collection, and Sly Cooper trilogy in my backlog.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.