This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did the MS Points to currency-change affect their price in your country?

#1Halo_ForeverPosted 3/23/2014 3:16:59 AM
At least in Finland they became a lot cheaper, the old 800 MSP cards became 10 (the MSP cards were around 15), the larger point card also seemed to lose between 15-20% of their prices while having about the same purchasing power in the marketplace.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#2RE2LeonSPosted 3/23/2014 7:35:59 AM
Taxes -__- lots and lots of unnecessary taxing
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#3AikonMonkPosted 3/23/2014 7:49:44 AM
No change for me in Rhode Island. We don't pay taxes on purchases here, though I know that just 15 minutes away in Mass., they do. All values remained the same.
---
GT: DEDLY CUKE
#4da_StoOgePosted 3/23/2014 7:53:13 AM
In Australia things got cheaper. Then MS went "Nuh-uh" and raised then again.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#5Kurgan777Posted 3/23/2014 1:11:29 PM
In the USA the only real change was that free Bing points became more expensive, and sales on currency cards have only happened once so far.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#6PorcupinePosted 3/23/2014 11:17:47 PM
I was thinking this was going to be a topic about the conversion rate, and whether the provided rate effectively increased or decreased the price of your converted points in your country. Because there are small issues with that, which vary from country to country.

But if you are talking about whether physical MSP points cards got cheaper after the changeover, well in the USA at least all the MSP point cards stopped being sold by retailers immediately after the changeover.
#7Halo_Forever(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 6:21:54 AM
Porcupine posted...
I was thinking this was going to be a topic about the conversion rate, and whether the provided rate effectively increased or decreased the price of your converted points in your country. Because there are small issues with that, which vary from country to country.

But if you are talking about whether physical MSP points cards got cheaper after the changeover, well in the USA at least all the MSP point cards stopped being sold by retailers immediately after the changeover.

I screwed up with the words, I meant the first one. 800 MSP over here had the purchasing power of 10 however the 800 MSP card cost 15. The new 10 card has the same purchasing power while also costing 10, so it became a lot cheaper.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#8blazinapplePosted 3/24/2014 6:32:20 AM
i just see tons of taxes now. if i had 400 ms pts left i would be able to buy 3 tv episodes on xbox video. now since they converted to cash and added a tax to everything, i can only buy 2 episodes and have some change left.

pretty lame move on MS part, but then again i feel like they been nickel and diming me along with other gaming studios for a few yrs now.
---
vote for pedro
#9Tyronelio1Posted 3/24/2014 6:34:36 AM
da_StoOge posted...
In Australia things got cheaper. Then MS went "Nuh-uh" and raised then again.

Aw those sweet couple of weeks when we had the same digital prices as the us.
---
GT: Tyron3L1o
I don't know what's worse, company fanboys or kojima fanboys? One thing is for certain, they are most definitely the definition of a neckbeard.
#10darkharePosted 3/24/2014 12:33:10 PM
instead of getting taxed once for buying the card, im now getting taxed with each purchase which makes means im now spending $15 for ms point card and getting $10 of digital currency thats actually usable.