This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anyone recommend a good mech fighting game?

#21JoboHotepPosted 3/26/2014 7:10:25 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
All I could find was this....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/920795-armored-core-formula-front-extreme-battle/45309367

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armored_Core:_Formula_Front

The American version of the game was then re-released in Japan entitled Armored Core: Formula Front International; this re-released Armored Core: Formula Front International edition is considered to be the ultimate edition as it also contains a large amount of additional battles not found in the American version of the game, and includes both Japanese and English text options (except for the tutorial videos which are only in Japanese).

So apparently what they were talking about in that topic was the tutorial videos being in Japanese.

I appreciate the leg work, thank you. If it's just the tutorial that's in Japanese only, I can deal with that. I'll see what else I can find out about it, and if that's the case I'll pick it up (provided I can find it).

Extra content is always nice, and sounds like a good reason to pick it up also.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#22str8KnowledgePosted 3/26/2014 7:42:01 PM
Virtual on Force is trash.
#23PorcupinePosted 3/26/2014 8:07:11 PM
The only true mech fighting game series I know of, in all of time and existence, is the Virtual-On series of games (there are three games, all available in some form on Xbox 360).

That's from my personal definition. As the topic poster described, other mech fighting games I have played such as Gundam, Zoids, etc...they don't feel quite like a fighting game to me, and more about mech customization and then mech piloting. If you ever have to fight missions with unequal numbers (you have to kill several enemies) then it's not really a fighting game but a piloting game, to me.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have games like Tech Romancer, etc which is clearly a fighting game, but it's the same as other fighting games and just happens to have robots instead of people as the characters.
#24sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 8:13:12 PM
AC2 and AC3 look solid, but the combat looks really slow-paced. Or is that just me? Maybe the videos I'm watching are from early on in the game before it picks up? o.o;
---
AKA Noodle, Leader of the Dream Team (|||I '') [dT] in Halo, GTAV, BF3, Forza H
Co-founder of GTA:SA Secret Hunters [[+]] (-o-) Official FWB of Bianca (-o-)
#25zespairPosted 3/26/2014 8:35:09 PM
Zone of the Enders was good. though not a fighting game.
---
PSNID:Zespair
WiiU: Zespair
#26sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 9:15:24 PM
Hmmm dunno if I should get 2 or 3 first xD
---
#27TwoNumbThumbsPosted 3/26/2014 9:17:20 PM
Tech Romancer
Iirc it was a Dreamcast game..
---
Argo **** yourself
#28sonofkorol(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 10:15:42 PM
TwoNumbThumbs posted...
Tech Romancer
Iirc it was a Dreamcast game..

Holy crap I just realized I haven't played a Dreamcast for about 10 years. xD Never owned one either.
---
#29NeVaRmoorePosted 3/26/2014 10:35:55 PM
If you have a PS3, I highly recommend Cyberbots.
---
Watching people argue about Games with Gold vs PS+ is like watching two fat chicks argue which one's skinniest. Nobody wins.
#30Jedi454Posted 3/26/2014 11:05:07 PM
Mech Tech Shrek
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.