This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anyone recommend a good mech fighting game?

#31Halo_ForeverPosted 3/26/2014 10:24:27 PM
Lost Planets 1 and 2 have mech fighting in a rather large role.

PS. Front Mission Evolved is not gritty, it pretty light standard fare.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#32rttnPosted 3/26/2014 11:17:01 PM
Wartech: Senko No Ronde
Doesn't have the specifics you want, but they are mech & and they are fighting. Wish we had the sequel.
---
Saltybet.com - Home for potatoes, Waifu's, & DUDUDU's
#33OverburdenedPosted 3/26/2014 11:40:00 PM
Mech Assault 2.

No flying but plenty of Mech action, and a Mech suit. Can destroy buildings etc. it's a good game.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
An Eagle with a broken wing.
#34Seanie1200Posted 3/27/2014 3:43:14 AM
Cyber Troopers Virtual On (only available on the Japanese marketplace but if you make a Japanese gamertag you can download it)

Virtual On Oratorio Tangram

Virtual On Force (import only but it it region free)

The Armoured Core games

Front Mission Evolved

Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Chromehounds

Wartech Senko No Ronde

Mechassault 2 for the original xbox is backwards compatible

Lastly if you have a Gamecube there are the Zoids games and my personal favourite Gotcha Force
#35JoboHotepPosted 3/27/2014 10:52:49 AM
sonofkorol posted...
AC2 and AC3 look solid, but the combat looks really slow-paced. Or is that just me? Maybe the videos I'm watching are from early on in the game before it picks up? o.o;

It's definitely not slow paced. Most of the enemies you'll fight are going all over the place.

As for AC2 or AC3 first, I don't remember if equipment and weapons carry over from 2 to 3. If they don't, either one is a great choice, but if they do, you might want to start with 2 so you'll have more money and fun stuff to play with by the time you get to 3.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#36JoboHotepPosted 3/27/2014 11:00:23 AM(edited)
Overburdened posted...
Mech Assault 2.

No flying but plenty of Mech action, and a Mech suit. Can destroy buildings etc. it's a good game.

Is Mech Assault 2 backwards compatible? I've always been a fan of Battletech (the original table top game) and the Mechwarrior series on PC.

I know it doesn't play like the Mechwarrior games, and I'm fine with that, but I think it takes place in the same universe right? At least, I noticed some of the mechs were the same as their Mechwarrior/Battletech counterparts.

Edit: I just saw an above post stating it's backwards compatible. Any info of how well it runs, or any problems when playing on the 360?
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#37JoboHotepPosted 3/27/2014 11:08:41 AM
Seanie1200 posted...
Chromehounds

Chromehounds was a lot of fun, but as a fair warning, the servers are shut down now.

The game was mostly online centered, as such, it didn't really have much in the way of singleplayer. Really, single player was essentially a training tutorial that consisted of a few short "missions" designed to teach you how certain mechs and parts work, so you're always going to have the same mech and weapon loadout anytime you play it.

They were fun, but really designed as an intro to the game, and can be beaten in around an hour. As such, I wouldn't recommend picking it up now, but if you do, don't pay more than $5 as you won't get too much playtime out of it.
---
#38OverburdenedPosted 3/27/2014 3:13:58 PM
@ post 36.

I don't know about any of that stuff sorry. I've literaly played mech assault 2 and that's it. Hopefully someone can help you out.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
An Eagle with a broken wing.
#39JoboHotepPosted 3/27/2014 7:21:53 PM
Overburdened posted...
@ post 36.

I don't know about any of that stuff sorry. I've literaly played mech assault 2 and that's it. Hopefully someone can help you out.

No problem man, thanks anyway! I'll do a bit of research and see if I can find any info about running it on 360.
---
#40Kurgan777Posted 3/27/2014 7:30:58 PM
JoboHotep posted...
Overburdened posted...
Mech Assault 2.

Is Mech Assault 2 backwards compatible? I've always been a fan of Battletech (the original table top game) and the Mechwarrior series on PC.

I know it doesn't play like the Mechwarrior games, and I'm fine with that, but I think it takes place in the same universe right? At least, I noticed some of the mechs were the same as their Mechwarrior/Battletech counterparts.

Edit: I just saw an above post stating it's backwards compatible. Any info of how well it runs, or any problems when playing on the 360?

It works in a 360 no real problems, but the first MechAssault game is still the superior game.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !