This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titanfall may have bombed

#1SheepinatorPosted 3/27/2014 7:07:52 PM
The XB1 game sales plummeted in week 2, the bundles were selling so poorly they've had to slash prices by $50-$70 even after the game was included for free, and today GameStop said reservations for the 360 version are 1/4 what they were for XB1.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#2NeVaRmoorePosted 3/27/2014 7:27:38 PM
That's because. as great as it is, it's still an online only fps in an age where the next fps release puts a large dent in the previous' user base.

Next up. Destiny.
---
Watching people argue about Games with Gold vs PS+ is like watching two fat chicks argue which one's skinniest. Nobody wins.
#3PStrifePosted 3/27/2014 7:27:42 PM
It is a digital version. It was like Microsoft only wanted the digital only gps to buy into Titanfall in the first place. A meaningless bundle when it is digital, plus you have to waste your own time downloading it in the first place cause it is an awsomes 16-character code.

You would think Microsoft and EA would have cared enough and given gps a physical version, so that they could re-sell it sooner rather then later if they didn't like it. Instead they even took that opportunity outright away from consumers, which only makes the bundle worse.

Xbox One looks just as bad as these other next-gen consoles tc. Manufacturers do not care about the concept of real value, their is little reason to buy a BC gimped console with these crappy digital pushes. The Xbox One is the worst console at this, with releasing gimped incomplete launch racer 4.

Reality has always been that first person mech shooters don't sell well as well. This has literally been going on for 20 years worth of sales data with console gps. Making it online only was just further marketing suicide. Hearing EA thinking of keeping the title's launch price the same until like September was also a hilarious thing at Titanfall launch. Who are these guys with their crazy reality?
#4BroDudeJaggiesPosted 3/27/2014 7:28:01 PM
kewl story brah
---
My Gaming Cave: http://www.flickr.com/photos/99629181@N06/
#5WinternovaPosted 3/27/2014 7:31:25 PM
On the Xbox One you can scan a QR Code with the Kinect instead of entering a code.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#6CaIiber345Posted 3/27/2014 7:33:38 PM
Sheepinator posted...
... GameStop said reservations for the 360 version are 1/4 what they were for XB1.

I preordered for 360. I'm on...

...standby for Titanfall.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#7CaIiber345Posted 3/27/2014 7:35:43 PM
PStrife posted...
It is a digital version. It was like Microsoft only wanted the digital only gps to buy into Titanfall in the first place. A meaningless bundle when it is digital, plus you have to waste your own time downloading it in the first place cause it is an awsomes 16-character code.

You would think Microsoft and EA would have cared enough and given gps a physical version, so that they could re-sell it sooner rather then later if they didn't like it. Instead they even took that opportunity outright away from consumers, which only makes the bundle worse.

Xbox One looks just as bad as these other next-gen consoles tc. Manufacturers do not care about the concept of real value, their is little reason to buy a BC gimped console with these crappy digital pushes. The Xbox One is the worst console at this, with releasing gimped incomplete launch racer 4.

Reality has always been that first person mech shooters don't sell well as well. This has literally been going on for 20 years worth of sales data with console gps. Making it online only was just further marketing suicide. Hearing EA thinking of keeping the title's launch price the same until like September was also a hilarious thing at Titanfall launch. Who are these guys with their crazy reality?

As salty about Xbox One as I have been, a cheaper Titanfall bundle with a physical copy of the game would have seriously tempted me. As it stands, the digital copy kept me away, even with the beneficial price slashes.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#8josh924Posted 3/27/2014 7:38:55 PM
Where would you even find weekly sales data on console games? The closest thing I can think of is NPD sales data, but that's released monthly.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#9Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 7:42:06 PM
josh924 posted...
Where would you even find weekly sales data on console games? The closest thing I can think of is NPD sales data, but that's released monthly.

The UK posts weekly data, Charttrack, likewise Gfk in Europe. For US, tracking its relative chart position on Amazon is easy. Also there is VGChartz which estimates.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10PwnostarPosted 3/27/2014 7:54:26 PM
I'm not surprised at all. It's a game that only offers an online multiplayer FPS experience in a market that's completely saturated with multiplayer online FPS games.

I'm surprised more people didn't jump off the bandwagon sooner once gameplay footage started coming out...and once everyone got over the initial "wow factor" of next gen graphics, which seemed to be the main thing that Titanfall had going for it.
---
John 1:43 --
The next day Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, "Follow me on Instagram."