This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next Assassin's Creed game(s)

#11GawdDawgsPosted 3/30/2014 10:52:58 PM
I really liked the present day story until Revelations, where they needlessly drew it out and wrote off an important character (via DLC no less) because, I'm assuming, the voice actor didn't want to come back. I was still invested in 3, but that ending was so awful it could compete with ME3.

IV's present day story just felt tacked on. Practically a literal joke.

I hope we get a new present day protagonist and make it interesting again like it was in 2 and Brotherhood, but I bet it will be more of what IV did.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#12Jedi454Posted 3/30/2014 11:12:28 PM
How about make Assassins Creed a game about Assassinations and Assassins. SHOCKING, I know.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#13barrysshoesPosted 3/31/2014 12:05:01 AM
ComradeRyan posted...
I hope the present day story is minimal. I play Assassin's Creed games to be immersed in historical settings.

Exactly the opposite for me
#14DonVito1990Posted 3/31/2014 12:07:37 AM
barrysshoes posted...
ComradeRyan posted...
I hope the present day story is minimal. I play Assassin's Creed games to be immersed in historical settings.

Exactly the opposite for me

It was a big mixture of both for me but after completing AC3 I was just "meh". Wasn't hyped for AC4 at all only have it because my friend beat it and sold it to me for $15.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#15Carribean_CoolPosted 4/1/2014 6:31:45 AM
The series died with Desmond. Yeah, AC IV so far for me is a great game, but it just feels too depressing without Desmond. I actually wanted a full Desmond game with no animus.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#16AWarAmp84Posted 4/1/2014 6:49:27 AM
I picked other. I don't hate the franchise, I just think it's time to retire it and move on.
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Favourite game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#17popichueloPosted 4/1/2014 7:15:43 AM
Carribean_Cool posted...
The series died with Desmond. Yeah, AC IV so far for me is a great game, but it just feels too depressing without Desmond. I actually wanted a full Desmond game with no animus.

This this and this. This is what I really felt they were building to. Finding ruins, preventing the world's destruction, all the while Desmond is animus-tearing the skills of his ancestors little by little.

But then 3 happened.
#18BahamutBBobPosted 4/1/2014 7:50:43 AM
Other.

AC3 should be Desmond in modern day. After AC2, it really felt like that was what AC3 was going to be. I was a bit disappointed when *another* ancestor was announced.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob