This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amazing Spider-Man any good?

#1Swab18Posted 4/3/2014 8:47:12 PM
$13 is the cheapest I've ever seen this game. Is it Spider-Man 2 good? Last Spidey game I played was part 3 and after that catastrophe my urge to go back has been slim.
---
Sobenofear has a crush on me.
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 4/3/2014 8:52:19 PM
It's alright. Web swinging is kind of pokey but the game makes up for it by pulling in really close so it feels fast. It's got this 'go there' feature that lets you land with precision on a lamp post or whatever. The combat's wonky. The story and voice acting are awful. Still, love me some wall crawling.I'd buy it at that price.

I still think WoS is a better game.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#3Swab18(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 9:09:42 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
It's alright. Web swinging is kind of pokey but the game makes up for it by pulling in really close so it feels fast. It's got this 'go there' feature that lets you land with precision on a lamp post or whatever. The combat's wonky. The story and voice acting are awful. Still, love me some wall crawling.I'd buy it at that price.

I keep reading that WoS is a good one. I thought that one got terrible reviews? Wasn't there another one as well that got a ton of great fan response?
---
Sobenofear has a crush on me.
#4ableriderPosted 4/3/2014 9:50:05 PM
Swab18 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

I keep reading that WoS is a good one. I thought that one got terrible reviews? Wasn't there another one as well that got a ton of great fan response?

Shattered dimensions but for me WoS is far better; open world, change suits and powers, choices (not mass effect level but they affect the gameplay and story), and aerial combat.
#5ableriderPosted 4/3/2014 9:57:24 PM
And about amazing it is a good game but l only rented it because once you clear the story and the side missions there is nothing like random thugs or crimes, you can't replay races and you can replay some story mission but they aren't really good also the combat is a bad rip-off of Batman Arkham games.

l say save the money for the new one since they addressed most of the complaints and if it fails again go for WoS.
#6Look_A_UsernamePosted 4/3/2014 9:59:37 PM
I enjoyed it. One of the better movie tie-in games I've played & I liked it to the point where I def wouldn't mind playing the upcoming sequel. I would've even done all of the side stuff if given the chance..normally I just beat the story and stop caring but TAS was fun to me.

Which is all something you wouldn't normally hear about games related to movies.
---
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/TehAwsumDude/dealwithitspider.jpg http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/TehAwsumDude/sonicderpp.jpg
#7videogameking33Posted 4/4/2014 12:47:20 AM
Really fun game that I had hours of fun with!, can't wait for sequel!
---
Currently Playing: Lego Marvel (360), Last of Us (PS3), Mario 3D (WiiU)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
#8GawdDawgsPosted 4/4/2014 7:21:04 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
The story and voice acting are awful. Still, love me some wall crawling.I'd buy it at that price.

The story and especially voice acting are ten times worse in WoS...

Anyways, I loved amazing. Its not perfect but it has some awesome moments. My favorite of the current gen spideys for sure
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#9Neo1661Posted 4/4/2014 1:25:45 PM
It's ok. I enjoyed the 3DS version a lot more!
---
Tory 101- If you're poor screw you! If you're sick scew you! If you're just an ordinary citizen/not rich and just trying to get on with life then screw you!
#10TrugamerPosted 4/4/2014 2:21:42 PM
Best Spiderman game this gen IMO