This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amazing Spider-Man any good?

#11HeadneckPosted 4/4/2014 4:08:37 PM
If you ever wondered what it would be like to be Spiderman and fight in the sewers, you are in luck.
---
Streets is watchin'
#12TrugamerPosted 4/5/2014 11:43:06 AM
Headneck posted...
If you ever wondered what it would be like to be Spiderman and fight in the sewers, you are in luck.

In all fairness it does also have the best web slinging since Spiderman 2 , but yeah those sewer missions definitely drag the game down a bit , once you get used to them and the controls it's not soo bad
#13CaIiber345Posted 4/5/2014 11:50:52 AM
ablerider posted...
Swab18 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
It's alright. Web swinging is kind of pokey but the game makes up for it by pulling in really close so it feels fast. It's got this 'go there' feature that lets you land with precision on a lamp post or whatever. The combat's wonky. The story and voice acting are awful. Still, love me some wall crawling.I'd buy it at that price.

I still think WoS is a better game.

I keep reading that WoS is a good one. I thought that one got terrible reviews? Wasn't there another one as well that got a ton of great fan response?

Shattered dimensions but for me WoS is far better; open world, change suits and powers, choices (not mass effect level but they affect the gameplay and story), and aerial combat.

This. As a lifelong Spidey guy, WoS delivers the best Spidey game outside of Spider-Man 2. Shattered is also a fun, albeit different type of, Spidey game.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#14NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/5/2014 12:23:55 PM
If you hated Spider-Man 3 then you'll HATE Amazing Spider-Man.
---
I'm still using Glitches & downloading Saves! TRY & STOP ME GAMEFAQS!
http://i.minus.com/iB8tNWOJUBBtH.gif
#15BB52700Posted 4/5/2014 5:32:57 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
ablerider posted...
Swab18 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
It's alright. Web swinging is kind of pokey but the game makes up for it by pulling in really close so it feels fast. It's got this 'go there' feature that lets you land with precision on a lamp post or whatever. The combat's wonky. The story and voice acting are awful. Still, love me some wall crawling.I'd buy it at that price.

I still think WoS is a better game.

I keep reading that WoS is a good one. I thought that one got terrible reviews? Wasn't there another one as well that got a ton of great fan response?

Shattered dimensions but for me WoS is far better; open world, change suits and powers, choices (not mass effect level but they affect the gameplay and story), and aerial combat.

This. As a lifelong Spidey guy, WoS delivers the best Spidey game outside of Spider-Man 2. Shattered is also a fun, albeit different type of, Spidey game.

I loved Shattered Dimensions. Noir Spidey was my favorite
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#16HeadneckPosted 4/5/2014 11:41:16 PM
Trugamer posted...
Headneck posted...

In all fairness it does also have the best web slinging since Spiderman 2 , but yeah those sewer missions definitely drag the game down a bit , once you get used to them and the controls it's not soo bad

Yeah, I actually did like the game. I was just a bit disappointed by the lack of diversity. It is definitely something that could be built upon to make a great sequel though.
---
Streets is watchin'
#17GawdDawgsPosted 4/6/2014 12:03:53 AM
I still have yet to see any solid reason as to why people "hate" Spider-Man 3 over 2. Did everyone just play the crappy PS2 version or something? Or is it cus of the movies?

Because the one I played on 360 was very similar to 2, except with maybe more QTE's thrown in.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.