This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think MS should make their own handheld console?

#21Kurgan777Posted 4/4/2014 7:37:02 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
Microsoft hasn't made a single dime in profit from the XBox division, inadvertent have lost billions of dollars to the point that the investors want to sell it off completely. Now you are suggesting they spends billions MORE to research and develop a handheld? If the executives tried that it would be akin to signing a death wish after the investors recovered from their aneurysms.

You really need to stop listening to Wall Street financial analysts that don't even work in or for the gaming industry at all.

The money that was recently "lost" was the R&D spending for the XB1, and the XBox division will NOT be getting shut down or sold off anytime soon, if ever.

MS has been making a profit on each 360 sold for years now, they make millions in profits in advertising on the 360 dashboard, and they're raking in money from developers and publishers multiple ways, and they're taking a 30% cut of every item sold or rented on the game, music, and movie marketplaces.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#22GrimKusanagiPosted 4/4/2014 7:40:49 PM
Microsoft can't even make a decent new console how are they gonna manage a handheld?
---
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Monster Madness Battle for Suburbia as Carrie
Goth chicks FTW!
#23CaIiber345Posted 4/4/2014 9:13:13 PM
No. Let Nintendo continue to satisfy the majority of handheld needs, with Vita offering an alternative or supplemental experience.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#24rofflchopperPosted 4/4/2014 9:21:16 PM
No way. I myself have only ever played Nintendo handhelds. Never been interested in Sony ones and wouldn't be interested in a MS one. I'm more interested in their normal consoles.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#25NateCage(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 10:43:07 PM
MS have an advantage if you ask me.Sony's handheld doesn't too many games.Nintendo's one doesn't have great hardware.What if MS made their own,one that they'd spend 3+ years on.Capitalising on the other's mistake,having better titles and greater hardware?
---
The World's top XI couldn't beat Bayern Munich
#26Kurgan777Posted 4/7/2014 11:55:38 AM
NateCage posted...
MS have an advantage if you ask me.Sony's handheld doesn't too many games.Nintendo's one doesn't have great hardware.What if MS made their own,one that they'd spend 3+ years on.Capitalising on the other's mistake,having better titles and greater hardware?

It'll never happen, too much vocal opposition, not enough money due to Billions of dollars in XB1 R&D costs, and eventually the stupid little brats who idolize Nintendo's handhelds would b**** about the full games being too long for a portable, just like they did with the PSP.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#27QuestionmarktariusPosted 4/7/2014 1:51:52 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
It'll never happen, too much vocal opposition, not enough money due to Billions of dollars in XB1 R&D costs, and eventually the stupid little brats who idolize Nintendo's handhelds would b**** about the full games being too long for a portable, just like they did with the PSP.
PSP became fairly popular, once 3rd-party (SanDisk) memory cards came down to near-SDHC in price and games actually appeared. Too bad its followup hasn't gotten the clue yet.