This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I have to play the original Resident Evil games to understand the story?

#1Jedi454Posted 4/6/2014 9:22:06 AM(edited)
So today I played RE6 with a friend yesterday and enjoyed the game quite a bit, which was the first time I had played the series. My question is do I have to play the original games to understand the story? Because I noticed you can only get RE4 and beyond on 360.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#2brunbbmercPosted 4/6/2014 9:23:08 AM
no
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#3BananaBoatLoadPosted 4/6/2014 9:28:49 AM
Not really, but the older games are definitely worth playing IMO.
---
GT: BananaBoatLoad
#4Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 9:34:02 AM
Was Resident Evil 4 HD a digital only release? I can't find a single copy on ebay, ebgames or jb hi fi in Australia.
---
Fanboys are just children and grown men with neckbeards that live with their parents.
#5BananaBoatLoadPosted 4/6/2014 9:40:27 AM
Yeah, I think the HD version was digital only. I believe the physical copy of Resident Evil 4 was originally released for the Nintendo GameCube and Playstation 2, and then later for the Wii.
---
GT: BananaBoatLoad
#6Darkest_EvilPosted 4/6/2014 9:58:25 AM
resident evil 1 on psx was the first of the series but then on gamecube there was resident evil 0 which was the back log of the story. I mean they mention what happens in most of the game of the same thing.. virus outbreak from umberella etc.. but tyou wont know all the characters and what exactly happened without playing the first and second game.

I mean its not nessecary but thats like not watching the first spiderman to see how he became spiderman even though you hear it all the time he was bitten by a spider etc..
---
twitch.tv/fearlessfeedle (xbox one streaming)
#7jakeDiLLaPosted 4/6/2014 10:13:15 AM
Probably best to play the first 2 at least to get used to the uncomfortable camera and controls
---
Toronto Raptors fan for life. Best game of all time: Deus Ex: Invisible War. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#8Dragon NexusPosted 4/6/2014 10:38:23 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA.....story. Good one TC XD
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#9Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 10:53:42 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
HAHAHAHAHAHA.....story. Good one TC XD

?
---
#10hoggys2much99Posted 4/6/2014 11:06:08 AM
Jedi454 posted...
So today I played RE6 with a friend yesterday and enjoyed the game quite a bit, which was the first time I had played the series. My question is do I have to play the original games to understand the story? Because I noticed you can only get RE4 and beyond on 360.

WRONG!

Resident Evil: Code Veronica is also out on 360 and that came before Resident Evil 4.