This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the heck happened to Fable?

#1k41mPosted 4/7/2014 4:04:54 AM
I'm playing Fable Anniversary and it's such a breathe of fresh air, Fable 1 in my opinion was so amazing to play it just felt magical back when it first launched.

What the heck happened to Lionhead?!
#2OverburdenedPosted 4/7/2014 4:36:52 AM
As in where are they now?

Or what happened to the next few games.

They just moved the timeline along and added more content/took content away. A lot of people hate on the newer Fables, but I really enjoy them. 2 being my favourite. I can't wait to get Anniversary so I can re-play that game with achievements.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
An Eagle with a broken wing.
#3k41m(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 4:42:51 AM
Overburdened posted...
As in where are they now?

Or what happened to the next few games.

They just moved the timeline along and added more content/took content away. A lot of people hate on the newer Fables, but I really enjoy them. 2 being my favourite. I can't wait to get Anniversary so I can re-play that game with achievements.

Oh no I just meant how could they do that to this franchise.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate things for small reasons like a lot of gamers. I actually REALLY enjoyed Fable 2 quite a bit. Fable 3 however, they just did so many things wrong I can't forgive them. Fable 1 and 2 were awesome though.
#4OverburdenedPosted 4/7/2014 4:50:24 AM
Ah I see, I really enjoyed 3 too.

I think if they made the game harder, people would have enjoyed it more, you know it's going to relatively easy when there's an achievement for not dying throughout the game.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
An Eagle with a broken wing.
#52006_Posted 4/7/2014 5:08:18 AM
Well, the lack of heroes guild was my biggest problem.
#6da_StoOgePosted 4/7/2014 5:08:39 AM
Someone kept making promises the coders couldn't keep, and implementing ideas that sounded good when droning on in an interview, but didn't make for interesting gameplay mechanics.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#7DarkPhoenix424Posted 4/7/2014 5:55:00 AM
I just started III two nights ago, and I'm having a really hard time getting into it... this from someone who played the original, TLC, and II 100%.

I'm going to try to push through and hope it gets better.
---
Wing Commander, Metal Gear, Resident Evil and Final Fantasy are my favorites.
360/PSN: ParadiseRegaind
#8pothocketPosted 4/7/2014 6:33:02 AM
Sorry but Fable 3 is well known for just getting WORSE as the game progresses.
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif
#9SrgtStalkerPosted 4/7/2014 6:56:55 AM
Here's to hoping Legends will be good.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#10Scared0o0RabbitPosted 4/7/2014 7:45:41 AM
Fable 3 felt like it had a 4 hour tutorial and then 2 hours of game to finish it off. To top it off, one of the storyline achievements didn't ding for me which caused no other achievements ding for me for the rest of the game. I never could bring myself to play through that tutorial again either...
---
Gaming for > 20 years
XBL: Cagey Rabbit