This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Five games you never get sick of playing.

#1superweskerPosted 4/15/2014 7:42:36 PM
What are five games you feel you could play the rest of your life and never get tired of?

1. Streets of rage REmake.-a perfect game IMO. Embodies the 90s in everyway. Absolutely the most perfect soundtrack ever.

2. Super street fighter 4.-very technical fighter, incredible soundtrack and huge selection of characters

3. Tmnt 4 turtles in time.- never grow tired of this game. Still play it once a month atleast. Bought it when I was 11 yrs old and am going to be 34 at the end of this month. Turtle Power!!!

4. Manhunt.- very atmospheric. Love the director and the different factions comments throughout. Plus the death scenes are beautiful.

5. Half life 2.- still holds up since first playing it ten years ago. Love the atmosphere so much.

What games would you guys choose if you could only pick five??
---
WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL...............GT: crazydaygo
#2DiscernPosted 4/15/2014 7:50:54 PM
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario World
Morrowind GOTY on pc
New Vegas
Zelda: A Link to the Past

Probably be the ones I could always play.
---
GT- Discern88
#3NightSadPosted 4/15/2014 7:53:36 PM
1 demons crest ... love everything of it perfect game

2 chrono trigger no words

3 symphony of the night.... best cv ever

4 final fantasy 1 and 7 loved them

5 zelda ocarina or a link to the past
---
I used to post a good thread like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.
xbox x360:GT: El Sadshadow
#4DreddMnkyPosted 4/15/2014 7:56:43 PM
1. Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
2. Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
3. Paper Mario
4. Serious Sam: BFE
5. Doom 2

I can't count how many times I've played through Metal Arms since I first bought it in 2003. There's a part of me that still hopes for a sequel, although I know that it will never happen.
#5ScymitePosted 4/15/2014 8:10:52 PM
superwesker posted...

5. Half life 2.- still holds up since first playing it ten years ago. Love the atmosphere so much.

I am currently replaying the Half-life series - 1/2 way into 1st. My favourite games.

1. Orange Box
2. Diablo II
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Bioshock
5. any of the Zeldas
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#6WinternovaPosted 4/15/2014 8:18:14 PM
Civilization
Mass effect trilogy
Pinball FX2
Mat Mania
Fire Pro Wrestling
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#7Jedi454Posted 4/15/2014 9:01:08 PM
Mass Effect Trilogy
Star Wars KOTOR 1 + 2
Fallout 3/ NV/ 1/ 2
Bioshock games

Couldn't think of a 5th one.
---
Get Good Kid.
#8ComradeRyanPosted 4/15/2014 9:25:50 PM
1. Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam
3. Rome: Total War
4. Star Wars: Battlefront II
5. Grand Theft Auto V
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#9Deja-EntenduPosted 4/15/2014 9:49:30 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2
Silent Hill 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
GoldenEye 64
Max Payne
---
bettr than u deal w/ it
Tune of the week: Theme of Laura- Akira Yamaoka https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LB7LZZGpkw
#10SFFStevenPosted 4/15/2014 10:33:04 PM
1) Halo: Reach
I didn't care for Reach's story, but the franchise's formula of simulated violence was perfected in this title. I find myself coming back to its single player campaign, again and again, and particularly enjoy the Exodus chapter.

2)XCOM Enemy Within.
I've only had the game since December, but I can tell already that it's one I won't get tired of. Rather, though I keep screaming in fury and swearing it off permanently for being violated by its random numbers generator, I'll keep coming back to it, because it has a lot to offer and really-it's the best of its kind on the console.

I don't really have any others, but I'll acknowledge Half-Life 2 as one of the greatest games ever made. In fact, I wouldn't mind playing it again. And again. And a gain. But the mechanics of it don't have the same kind of mindless appeal that Halo does, or the pseudo-exigent nature of XCOM. Half-Life 2 has a story like a fine wine: it's too rich for constant consumption but once a year or so...
---
My opinions sometimes masquerade as facts. You have been warned.