This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox slim or xbox 360 E?

#1SILENTGHOSTS96Posted 4/16/2014 12:13:28 PM
so Im upgrading my console my arcade has terrible internet problems and is loud as mofo. MY internet problems are from using my pc as a wifi adapter which gives me problems on games that dont have dedicated servers. ANY who whats better that will last me long I had a slim but the disc drive went fast. Should I get a xbox 360 slim with a 320 gb hdd or a xbox e with a 250. I can get either one for $140 which will last me longer im fine with just 250gb space btw
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#2OKRecords1138Posted 4/16/2014 12:17:06 PM
Elites still have a potential for the RROD issue. So, with that said, I'd go for a Slim over an Elite any day.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#3Jamin-7Posted 4/16/2014 12:18:38 PM
OKRecords1138 posted...
Elites still have a potential for the RROD issue. So, with that said, I'd go for a Slim over an Elite any day.

I think by 'E' he means the Xbox 360 E.

This model: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51+ulKd-4gL.jpg
---
"You don't even exist, Fisher. You can't get a medal for this."
"Medals don't help me sleep at night, Lambert."
#4OKRecords1138Posted 4/16/2014 12:20:49 PM
Ah, I see. I've never heard of this version. I take back my original statment.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#5fiasco86Posted 4/16/2014 12:24:11 PM
Slim is better.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#6Kurgan777Posted 4/16/2014 12:45:44 PM
Slim S is the superior system, the E model was a downgrade compared to the Slim S.

They removed one of the USB ports and the Digital Optical Audio output port from the E model. If you plan on running a good surround sound system or headset, you'll need that DOAO port.

The extra USB port would come in handy for either 2 more wired controllers, or 2 more USB sticks to increase storage space.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#7Resident WeevilPosted 4/16/2014 2:18:23 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
Slim S is the superior system, the E model was a downgrade compared to the Slim S.

They removed one of the USB ports and the Digital Optical Audio output port from the E model. If you plan on running a good surround sound system or headset, you'll need that DOAO port.

The extra USB port would come in handy for either 2 more wired controllers, or 2 more USB sticks to increase storage space.

This. I NEED my surround sound.
#8expertgamer8Posted 4/16/2014 2:29:37 PM
I have a new xbox 360 e that gets great surround sound with an hdmi cable. It has been a good system. Load faster than my original elite model.
#9fiasco86Posted 4/16/2014 3:01:52 PM(edited)
expertgamer8 posted...
I have a new xbox 360 e that gets great surround sound with an hdmi cable. It has been a good system. Load faster than my original elite model.

If your TV has an Optical Audio output port (TOSLINK), then that's all well and good. Otherwise, you'll be missing the TOSLINK port on the 360 S.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/IveConqueredThatGame
#10Kurgan777Posted 4/16/2014 3:04:14 PM
fiasco86 posted...
expertgamer8 posted...

If your TV has an Optical Audio output port (TOSLINK), then that's all well and good. Otherwise, you'll be missing the TOSLINK port on the 360 S.

Most TV's that have a toslink port only output stereo sound through that port, so that's not really the best way to get surround sound, the best way is from it's original source, not massively delayed through a "3rd party source".
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !