This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game do you disagree most with on pro-reviews

#41orangeneePosted 4/24/2014 6:35:30 AM
SkilzMC posted...
alucard138 posted...
I don't feel the GTA games should be getting such high scores. Most Bethesda games don't deserve the high scores they get either. Skyrim was a buggy mess with insanely high scores. Most other games with a glitch or two get much lower reviews. This whole thing reminds me of the big payola radio deal.

Name a game that gives you the amount of freedom and scale as Skyrim and doesn't a few bugs. 99% of which are just odd physics/visual bugs.

It's the one percent that wrecks them though. Freedom and scale? There's kiddy paddling pools with more depth. So it follows that I disagree with high score reviews there.

RDR reviews, there is literally nothing worth doing outside the story. It should have just been made like Max Payne 3 and focused on telling the story. The gunplay is just awful too.

Oh and of course that infamous God Hand review, that just reeked of toys being thrown out of prams.
---
Peace has cost you your strength, victory has defeated you.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#42GawdDawgsPosted 4/24/2014 7:01:38 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
Tention posted...
I've never disagreed with a review more than IGN's review for God Hand.

This. A 3 out of 10 because the reviewer didn't even know how to play it. Seriously, how come no one has revised that moron's review in all these years. It's been eight years since the game was released; it deserves a better reputation.

You know what's funny about this? IGN had a "Top 100 PS2 Games" article, and God Hand made the list.

I know reviewers have different opinions and all, but as a publication, you need to stand behind your reviewers opinions, otherwise you lose quite a bit of credibility. "Oh yeah, that guy on our staff gave it a 3/10, but this guy liked it so we're putting it on the top 100 ps2 games!"

Yeah, I can't take IGN seriously anymore. They used to be so much better.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#43SkilzMCPosted 4/24/2014 7:42:00 AM
orangenee posted...
SkilzMC posted...
alucard138 posted...
I don't feel the GTA games should be getting such high scores. Most Bethesda games don't deserve the high scores they get either. Skyrim was a buggy mess with insanely high scores. Most other games with a glitch or two get much lower reviews. This whole thing reminds me of the big payola radio deal.

Name a game that gives you the amount of freedom and scale as Skyrim and doesn't a few bugs. 99% of which are just odd physics/visual bugs.

It's the one percent that wrecks them though. Freedom and scale? There's kiddy paddling pools with more depth. So it follows that I disagree with high score reviews there.

RDR reviews, there is literally nothing worth doing outside the story. It should have just been made like Max Payne 3 and focused on telling the story. The gunplay is just awful too.

Oh and of course that infamous God Hand review, that just reeked of toys being thrown out of prams.

Also you can't review something you don't experience, if a reviewer didn't experience a game breaking bug, he can't dock the game for possibly having them.

So you complain there's nothing else to do outside of the 20+ hour campaign? Please cry me a river. And that is KIND OF THE POINT! You are in the Wild West, the emptiness is part of the setting.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#44pothocketPosted 4/24/2014 7:53:53 AM
Is picking flowers to earn a bandana that matches your new wardrobe also what it means to be in the wild west?
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif
#45feared4powerPosted 4/24/2014 8:21:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#46SkilzMCPosted 4/24/2014 9:45:16 AM
pothocket posted...
Is picking flowers to earn a bandana that matches your new wardrobe also what it means to be in the wild west?

I can't make you like a game, if you don't think RDR is great, that's fine by me.

But the ONLY reason I responded in this topic in the first place is I get sick people constantly berating reviews and accusing them of being paid off just because "This reviewer gave high praise to a game I didn't like!" or "This reviewer gave a crappy review to a game a thoroughly enjoyed!" The premise is ridiculous. I know there is SOME shady business involved in the games review industry, but I get sick of people acting like every time they disagree with a review it's because money changed hands.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#47OKRecords1138Posted 4/24/2014 10:13:52 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
For me it's the Thief review in EGM - a 3.5 out of 10.. The game is not a 10, but a 3.5 to me is basically unplayable... Id give Thief in the high 7 low 8 range - i liked Garrett, loved the environmentsand graphics....A 3.5 by no less than 3 seperate reviewers is ridiculous for a game of its caliber.. Its like they played a different game..i played it on the x1

I played Thief for about four to six hours, and I don't agree with the 3.5 rating either. I think it should have been lower. Terrible game.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#48simonbelmont2Posted 4/24/2014 11:23:16 AM
SkilzMC posted...
orangenee posted...
SkilzMC posted...
alucard138 posted...

Also you can't review something you don't experience, if a reviewer didn't experience a game breaking bug, he can't dock the game for possibly having them.

So you complain there's nothing else to do outside of the 20+ hour campaign? Please cry me a river. And that is KIND OF THE POINT! You are in the Wild West, the emptiness is part of the setting.

There is also plenty of wildlife and random encounters in RDR which make the wild west interesting. I don't think I ever got bored because the game didn't have more side content. I don't think the game deserved a lower score because it didn't pad the game further with more side content.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#49alucard138Posted 4/24/2014 11:27:21 AM
SkilzMC posted...
orangenee posted...
SkilzMC posted...
alucard138 posted...

Then it should be mandatory for reviewers to spend more time with open world games. They should experience EVERYTHING possible before scoring a game.
#50Dragon NexusPosted 4/24/2014 4:29:49 PM
hoggys2much99 posted...
Here read this

Dude, when you're completely unable to articulate your own opinion, instead relying purely on articles written by other people, you pretty much fail at debating.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde