This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Greatest gunfighters in video games.

#1N7SpectrePosted 4/28/2014 6:34:25 PM
There are tons of games out there featuring firearms and shootouts, but which characters have you noticed were particularly skilled at gunplay?(This is in terms of how the story portrays them, not individual player skill).

If we're talking about over-the-top crazy/fantasy settings, I'd have to say that Dante from Devil May Cry stands out the most (he could juggle enemies in the air with his dual pistols for crying out loud). Any character from the Metal Slug series comes at a close 2nd. They could destroy almost anything in their path (be it oversized tanks, aircraft, zombies, aliens, and robots) with just their measly starter pistol.

If we're looking at more realistic settings, Max Payne is hands down the best gunfighter in video game history. His slo-mo and shootdodging makes every shootout in the games look like works of art lol.
---
"Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is MORE COWBELL!!!"
#2feared4powerPosted 4/28/2014 6:51:46 PM
Silas Greaves from CoJ:Gunslinger
#3SILENTGHOSTS96Posted 4/28/2014 6:53:09 PM
John marstion,
---
GT is SiL3NT E3G1e
#4alucard138Posted 4/28/2014 7:51:25 PM
Sniper Wolf from Metal Gear Solid. He's not the main character, but he can shoot.
#5SeekAndDestroy2Posted 4/28/2014 8:03:34 PM
alucard138 posted...
Sniper Wolf from Metal Gear Solid. He's not the main character, but he can shoot.

Sniper wolf is a chick and they aren't that great if Snake can beat them. Still an awesome boss though.
---
PSN & GT: darkstar5577
#6Bullseye8841Posted 4/28/2014 8:06:02 PM
Max Payne
#7alucard138Posted 4/28/2014 8:34:42 PM
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
alucard138 posted...

Sniper wolf is a chick and they aren't that great if Snake can beat them. Still an awesome boss though.

Ugh, I can tell it's been a while since I played that one. There's a gender confusion joke in there somewhere...
#8TearsfoUniversePosted 4/28/2014 9:02:23 PM
any NPC from Rainbow Six Vegas
---
Completed Nuzlocke, Fire Red. Pokemon: Charizard, Shiny Tangela, Venomoth, Zapdos. RIP Gyarados, Hitmonchan
#9Robin_MaskPosted 4/28/2014 9:10:57 PM(edited)
Max Payne

alucard138 posted...
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
alucard138 posted...

Ugh, I can tell it's been a while since I played that one. There's a gender confusion joke in there somewhere...

...?
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#10NevercomingdownPosted 4/28/2014 9:07:54 PM
Max Payne for sure
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd