This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Retailers selling E models as S

#1chrcolPosted 4/29/2014 11:09:37 PM(edited)
So far this month have returned 4 so called S models of the xbox360 to retailers.

After the first incident I contacted the other 3 before shipment to confirm is S and they all said yes but then a E arrives.

Are people deliberatly trying to mislead customers or just mass confusion caused by microsoft deciding to ditch their flagship 360 model for something cheaper?

Many people still seem to refer to E's as slim's e.g.

I am hesitant to buy used as condition be a complete unknown as well if its been banned/modded.

The latest I ordered has an ASIN of B003UTUBQG and release date of 2010 which I think is too old for the E, so I am hoping this one actually will be an S.
#2Jedi454Posted 4/29/2014 11:14:10 PM
You should probably pick up an S model from the store if you're getting this problem so much.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#3CapwnDPosted 4/30/2014 12:00:16 AM(edited)
I just bought an S model on Amazon, and it was an S. No doubt about it, the entire reason I bought it was because I wanted to pick up an S while it was still available at reasonable prices.

What types of retailers have you been buying from?
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#4chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 1:12:35 AM(edited)
no chance from a store (brand new), all the big names are E only.

This S is from some small seller on amazon but is fulfilled by amazon so if I have to return should be easy.

The retailers are.

shopto.net via ebay
A ebay gaming shop (dont think they have presence outside of ebay)
and game

game and the ebay gaming shop have already changed their adverts to state its E.

shopto here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380877569678?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

they added the E picture on the left which wasnt there when I purchased, however the description still shows an S and states S in the description.

and CapwnD yeah same reason as you, decided my 360 is getting pretty old and I wouldnt mind the enhancements from the slim, so went to buy one and then was a bit of shock to see microsoft abandoned it so quickly and selling some cheap replacement instead. In the uk it seems incredibly hard to get hold off now.
#5GrumblingtPosted 4/30/2014 1:14:16 AM
Is there a problem with E model been thinking about picking one up for my son .
#6chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 1:24:52 AM(edited)
I need the a/v port for my vga output.

The E has no component a/v port and loses a usb port, otherwise as far as I know its ok.

I read bad things about the touch power button on the S, the E abandoned that so arguably it has that as an improvement over the S.
#7OverburdenedPosted 4/30/2014 2:18:07 AM
Shopto.net are a very good online retailer. Great prices and free next day delivery if ordered before 5pm.

I'm sorry you've had a hard time with them, they've been good to me.

On a side note, I'm probably wrong, aren't MS stoping making the 'S' model and just making 'E's now?9
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
An Eagle with a broken wing.
#8chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 4:40:18 AM
yeah S isnt even made anymore.

So basically its looking for retailers with very old stock.
#9chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 4:45:02 AM
if the 360 I get tommorow is an S I will post a link to the amazon page incase others want but only 2 left in stock.
#10CapwnDPosted 4/30/2014 5:34:09 AM
Grumblingt posted...
Is there a problem with E model been thinking about picking one up for my son .

In addition to what chrcol said, the E model also doesn't have Toslink optical, which I need for my headphones. None of the models have analog audio output, but with all the old models you can still use the dongle to get analog audio if you need it.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!