This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like a furry weirdo playing Dust.

#141TreasureHunterGPosted 5/6/2014 4:02:19 PM
So, I've been playing this game for a while now (up to 60% completion, ~8 hours in).

The good:

Combat, exploration, item crafting and collecting aspects are all done very well, and the whole experience reminds me a lot of Symphony of the Night. There's lots of parallax scrolling, which remind me of 16-bit games.

The bad:

The main story and side quests are very generic. The voice acting is decent at best, but I usually skip it, because I find most of it unbearable. It doesn't help that the writing is very heavy handed. I wish there were less story segments, but fortunately you can easily skip them all if you want.

About the art design: I was worried before playing it that the art would be in bad taste, but that turned out to be wrong. There's nothing anywhere near offensive in there, so if that's a concern for anyone else, forget about it and give this game a chance.
---
---
#142SixStringHeroPosted 5/7/2014 12:11:52 PM
This was a really well done game, and I usually don't get into the 2D side scroller Metroidvania style games.

The artwork was fantastic and it was highly reminiscent of Disney mixed with Don Bluth. People who grew up with The Secret of Nimh aren't going to be bothered by the artwork.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#143NeoGeoXSegaPosted 5/7/2014 11:59:43 PM
I feel like a furry weirdo playing Dust.

As you should.
---
I'm still using Glitches & downloading Saves! TRY & STOP ME GAMEFAQS!
http://i.minus.com/iB8tNWOJUBBtH.gif