This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

9 of my top 10 achievements by TA ratio are from Kinect games

#1fiasco86Posted 5/8/2014 8:25:57 AM
1. Flame Stadium Champion - Kinect Sports - 8.77
2. Bump-osaurus - Kinect Sports - 6.49
3. Tornado Gardens Champion - Kinect Sports - 6.11
4. Table Top Triumph - Kinect Sports - 5.96
5. Platinom Nom Nom - Kinect Adventures - 5.91
6. Circuit Breaker - Kinect Sports - 5.76
7. Return to Sender - Kinect Sports - 5.54
8. Neon Lanes Champion - Kinect Sports - 5.49
9. Sand Master - Kinect Sports - 5.20
10. All Hail The Splode King - Splosion Man - 5.17

Guess most people don't get too far in Kinect games before abandoning them.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
http://tinyurl.com/k5uwjh7
#2glassghost0Posted 5/8/2014 8:36:11 AM(edited)
1.Big In NYC - Rock Band - 4.75
2.They see me Baggin', They Hatin' - Payday 2 - 4.45
3.TERMINUS Expert - SC:Double Agent - 4.36
4.Paddle Perfection - Kinect Sports - 4.32
5.Zen 12 - Pool Nation - 4.28
6.MOTORWAY 90 Expert - SC: Double Agent - 4.18
7.The Collector - R* Table Tennis - 3.95
8.DAWN WAVES Expert - SC: Double Agent - 3.95
9.Clip Show - Yoostar 2 - 3.94
10.The Tailor - R* Table Tennis - 3.93
---
New User (3) - Awarded to users with at least 25 Karma.
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3TheFattestCatPosted 5/8/2014 8:35:47 AM
people still use the kinect
---
Xliner probably got modded because he's an Eridian. Now we have proof Gamefaqs is definitely run by Atlas. - 3CDED
#4scoobydoobydontPosted 5/8/2014 8:38:04 AM
I use Kinect at least every other day, but yeah, a lot of hardcore cheevo types will abandon Kinect games pretty quick. It's weird, but I guess not so weird considering the most vocal opinions about Kinect in "hardcore" gamer communities.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#5Scoter81Posted 5/8/2014 8:42:38 AM
I'd say there's a large number of people who only play kinect and don't do much gaming/achieving as others, causing the ratios to be inflated.

Child of Eden is a good example where the ratios are way higher than they should be for their difficulty. Since it can be played with a controller (more effectively) you don't need kinect for it but I imagine most bought it to make use of the kiinect.
#6fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 8:49:30 AM
glassghost0 posted...
1.Big In NYC - Rock Band - 4.75
2.They see me Baggin', They Hatin' - Payday 2 - 4.45
3.TERMINUS Expert - SC:Double Agent - 4.36
4.Paddle Perfection - Kinect Sports - 4.32
5.Zen 12 - Pool Nation - 4.28
6.MOTORWAY 90 Expert - SC: Double Agent - 4.18
7.The Collector - R* Table Tennis - 3.95
8.DAWN WAVES Expert - SC: Double Agent - 3.95
9.Clip Show - Yoostar 2 - 3.94
10.The Tailor - R* Table Tennis - 3.93

Clearly you need to play more Kinect.
---
Check out the Game Conquerors on YouTube and let me know what you think! Constructive criticism welcome.
#7fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 8:50:35 AM
Scoter81 posted...
I'd say there's a large number of people who only play kinect and don't do much gaming/achieving as others, causing the ratios to be inflated.

Child of Eden is a good example where the ratios are way higher than they should be for their difficulty. Since it can be played with a controller (more effectively) you don't need kinect for it but I imagine most bought it to make use of the kiinect.

Some of those KS achievements were actually quite difficult, but yeah, the ratio is a bit inflated. Once I finish Kinect Disneyland Adventures, I suspect a lot of those achievements will take the top spots on my list.
---
#8darkhorse723Posted 5/8/2014 8:54:34 AM
I'm clearly out of the loop here, but what's ta ratio?
---
Gamertag: kingofallgaming
#9Scoter81Posted 5/8/2014 9:06:21 AM(edited)
I'm sure. There CoE ones weren't easy. There's still one I don't have which is going to be hard but I'll get it eventually. I check the highest ratio games leaderboard from time to time and there's always a lot of Kinect games at the top. If you did care about ratio they'd be good games to go for.

darkhorse723 posted...

Trueachievments.com is a website that tracks achievement related statistics and uses a formula of how many people own a given game and how many have a given achievement in it to attempt to gauge the difficulty of acquiring that achievment.

TA (the site) uses the square root of the actual ratio but it's represented thusly; say 100 people own a game and 5 of those people have an actual ratio of 1:20.

The square root of 20 is 4.47... so that would be it's TA Ratio. The ratio is used to calculate that achievement's Trueachievement score which is to attempt to give the value of how much gamerscore the achievement should be worth.

TL;DR It's a value meant to imply the difficulty of an achievement where the higher the number, the more difficult (or rare as is the case) the achievement is.
#10fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 8:56:27 AM
darkhorse723 posted...

Trueachievements.com calculates a ratio based on how many gamers have played a game vs how many of them have earned a particular achievement. This TA ratio is used as a means of measuring true difficulty of achievements.
---