This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rip music files from CD to Xbox

#21alucard138Posted 5/9/2014 2:01:42 PM
Super Creatures posted...
alucard138 posted...
I play all of my music using an unformatted 8g flash drive.

No, you don't.

If it was unformatted you wouldn't be able to use it.

I didn't do a thing to it besides drag some songs on it. I guess I meant it wasn't formatted for use on the 360. That really just seemed like nitpicking on your part to be honest.
#22JayK33(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:05:20 PM
Yeah I can play the tracks when the CD's in the Xbox but I can't rip them to the harddrive, which is what I want to do.

I don't know the brand of the disc... I picked up a couple of them from the dollar store. That wouldn't make much of a difference though would it?

How can I burn it into an audio CD so it could work? What did I need to do different?
#23alucard138Posted 5/9/2014 2:22:01 PM(edited)
Ok, as you can tell I'm not reading all of these posts. The brand of the CD wouldn't matter. The difference between CDR and CDRW may matter. You may not be able to transfer files to your hard drive from a CDRW.
#24Kurgan777Posted 5/9/2014 3:19:03 PM
JayK33 posted...
Yeah I can play the tracks when the CD's in the Xbox but I can't rip them to the harddrive, which is what I want to do.

I don't know the brand of the disc... I picked up a couple of them from the dollar store. That wouldn't make much of a difference though would it?

How can I burn it into an audio CD so it could work? What did I need to do different?

As you were already told, you need to burn it as an AUDIO disc, something that you could pop into any music CD player and listen to.

Burning the files as data will NOT WORK.

You need to find the options in your disc burning program, whichever one you're using, that lets you burn songs as a music disc instead of a data disc.

You also need a real hard drive in your 360 to rip music. If all you have is the 4GB internal memory, that's not a hard drive and it won't let you rip music to it.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#25GobizkuPosted 5/10/2014 4:04:47 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
You also need a real hard drive in your 360 to rip music. If all you have is the 4GB internal memory, that's not a hard drive and it won't let you rip music to it.

I said this a while ago and it was never acknowledged. The fact that he mentioned the rip music is greyed out is what suggests this is the case. If he had a hard drive, it wouldn't be greyed out, it would have the option to do it but then if it failed it would give an error.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/storage

Go down to the table of supported content. Listed right there.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
#26Kurgan777Posted 5/10/2014 5:39:35 PM
Gobizku posted...
Kurgan777 posted...

I said this a while ago and it was never acknowledged. The fact that he mentioned the rip music is greyed out is what suggests this is the case. If he had a hard drive, it wouldn't be greyed out, it would have the option to do it but then if it failed it would give an error.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/storage

Go down to the table of supported content. Listed right there.

That option is greyed out when listening to music from a USB drive, or from a data CD.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !