This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls II or Skyrim LE?

#31Tyronelio1Posted 5/12/2014 12:47:54 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Also the bold part that you have literally not come across the Dark Souls community and just on player that may of hurt your feelings.

If you were talking about the demon souls community then I would agree with you, but your not and your ignorance is so obvious.

Also I don't agree with a lot of posters on this board but atleast they have some sense of intelligence and would back up their claim with evidence or something logical, not just "hurr, durr, dark souls community sucks cause stereotypes hurr, durr".

To be fair, I have 'literally' (yes, not figuratively) encountered the kind of douchebaggery he's talking about in the Dark Souls community a lot of times. The day after it went on sale over the holidays, the first three pages of the DS board were full of people posting builds to troll new players. The DS community sucks.

I call bs, I think it was December or November the game went up for sale for $5? ($7:45 for me) and that's when I joined the community and apart from like two users that board was more than helpful and pretty amazing compared to time with demon souls, demon souls community put me off dark souls untill that price.

Online like orange said is a different story, the players that you meet are either the nicest gamers or the biggest douche bags, but they're not part of the DS community ol mate is referring too, the Xbox DS community is really good as is the DS subreddit and neogaf.

Unless there's something I do not know or a secret DS forum that only hard core elites go to
I can never understand the hate for the community, especially on the 360 boards.

Eh I guess it doesn't help when you have those trolls commenting something calling people casuals or stuff like that, but they're just trolls and should never be taken as a member of the community.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: Bayonetta, DBZ: Raging Blast 2, WWE/NBA 2K13, Alan Wake, GTAIV: Complete Edition, TC: HAWX 2, Dark Souls 2.
#32TentionPosted 5/12/2014 12:52:54 PM
I would personally say Dark Souls II.
#33GGearXPosted 5/12/2014 12:58:52 PM
Ehhhhh.

Darks souls 2 if you like a nice experience.

Skryimis pretty cool too, but man do i hate the framerate and popups in the game makes everything so slow
---
BACK TO BAAAACK , DEATH COMES RIDING ON A MIDNIGHT TRAIN!!!
GAMERTAG : NEON KNLGHT
#34simonbelmont2Posted 5/12/2014 12:59:33 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Also the bold part that you have literally not come across the Dark Souls community and just on player that may of hurt your feelings.

If you were talking about the demon souls community then I would agree with you, but your not and your ignorance is so obvious.

Also I don't agree with a lot of posters on this board but atleast they have some sense of intelligence and would back up their claim with evidence or something logical, not just "hurr, durr, dark souls community sucks cause stereotypes hurr, durr".

To be fair, I have 'literally' (yes, not figuratively) encountered the kind of douchebaggery he's talking about in the Dark Souls community a lot of times. The day after it went on sale over the holidays, the first three pages of the DS board were full of people posting builds to troll new players. The DS community sucks.

I call bs, I think it was December or November the game went up for sale for $5? ($7:45 for me) and that's when I joined the community and apart from like two users that board was more than helpful and pretty amazing compared to time with demon souls, demon souls community put me off dark souls untill that price.

Online like orange said is a different story, the players that you meet are either the nicest gamers or the biggest douche bags, but they're not part of the DS community ol mate is referring too, the Xbox DS community is really good as is the DS subreddit and neogaf.

Unless there's something I do not know or a secret DS forum that only hard core elites go to
I can never understand the hate for the community, especially on the 360 boards.

Eh I guess it doesn't help when you have those trolls commenting something calling people casuals or stuff like that, but they're just trolls and should never be taken as a member of the community.

I've spent a fair amount of time on the DS boards over the years. I was there when the game was released and I went back there a few years later when I replayed the game.

I've seen the annoying guys vigorm0rtis is talking about post on those boards. I haven't visited the boards for a long time though so maybe those players have stopped posting.

Also, obviously not all the posters there are horrible. There will always be plenty of helpful posters too.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#35vigorm0rtisPosted 5/12/2014 7:10:49 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...

I call bs,

Call bs all you want, I've got no interest in Skyrim v DS. I play both. I'm just saying the DS community has a lot of elitist douchebags. Don't think I've ever seen some idiot post 'git gud' on the Skyrim boards. Sure, some will say that's 'cause you don't have to, but I suspect most of those people haven't done a legendary playthough, either.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#36Halo_ForeverPosted 5/12/2014 10:44:33 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...

Then I wonder where exactly you have been since the Dark Souls board was a not a good place, extremely elitist. Even though I like the game a lot, I find the PVP-community a hive of scum and villainy (sure not everyone is but the majority of the PvP-posters have made a specifically negative impression).

As for the game itself the difference in Dark Souls and Dark Souls II between invaders is pretty telling of the cowardice of the douchebags, since Soul levels in II hinder you from trashing new players with high end gear (see lightning weapons with a low level char among the other BS in DS) there is a lot less BS early invading going on. Seems like most of the douches suddenly didn't like it anymore when it was a fair fight.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#37Tyronelio1Posted 5/12/2014 10:50:16 PM
In regards to ds2 I love the new system.

Less jerks who get all the good stuff at level 1 and bully the new players. (Never met anyone in the community that does that though)

It seems people hate it for some reason and that main reason seems to be that they can't cheat.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com.
Currently playing: Bayonetta, DBZ: Raging Blast 2, WWE/NBA 2K13, Alan Wake, GTAIV: Complete Edition, TC: HAWX 2, Dark Souls 2.
#38Madmax1985Posted 5/12/2014 11:13:17 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Madmax1985 posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
Madmax1985 posted...
Skyrim just to spite that petulant and annoying childish fanbase. "Hurr durr You don't like the souls games? Well YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY JUST TOO CASUAL BRUH!"

F*** em... Every damn one of them.

Worst.Fanbase.To.Ever.Exist

Oops the joke account is back, but this time spewing ignorant bs.

Obviously you have never been apart of the 360 souls community, the ps community is a lot worse, but not as bad as you think you're being cool and portraying them as.

No the community in a nutshell is full of dbags that think playing a souls game makes them "Hurr durr super l33t hardcore 360 noscope super duper awesome" It's pretentious, Rowdy and annoying.

But i guess since you don't agree with me you ignore my opinion and label me as joke account? Just piss off with that attitude to a new gamefaqs user. Really annoying, Considering the fact that you on multiple occasions have literally been defending the piece of garbage.

Don't like my opinion? Fine but unlike you i can accept the fact that you like the game... Doesn't change the fact that the community is annoying and elitist.

I'm also a new user I was even a veteran at one point untill a strongly worded messages to a mod got me in trouble.

You're literally a joke account.

Apart from hoggy but he's hoggy so we all expect that from him.

"Joke account" Nope again.

You're so cute when you say stupid **** like that, Do you say idiotic things like that to everyone you disagree with?

Come up with proof that i am a joke account or shut up please.
#39chizzaroidPosted 5/12/2014 11:57:59 PM
DS2 TC...DS2. Everything I've played so far (20 hours or so) has been as great/greater then the original. I I've gotten more satisfaction in one boss battle in DS1 or 2, than I've had in the entire 300 hours I've put into Skyrim. I have haven't spent much time on the DS2 boards, but the DS1 board was the absolute best I've ever come across. They were extremely helpful, and welcoming to new people trying the game for the first time. Its a great community, with even greater games.
---
GT: Chizzatron
PSN: Chizzamatic
#40Halo_ForeverPosted 5/13/2014 4:25:04 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
In regards to ds2 I love the new system.

Less jerks who get all the good stuff at level 1 and bully the new players. (Never met anyone in the community that does that though)

It seems people hate it for some reason and that main reason seems to be that they can't cheat.

I often felt that those guys were the only people I met on the boards. The "lol I got x poise with insert lightning weapons and x best armor and went to troll these guys in the sewers"-people.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....