This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommendations for RTS games?

#21Big_NabenduPosted 5/15/2014 9:54:27 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Big_Nabendu posted...
Iron Brigade
Toy soldiers
Dungeon Defender is my favorite one
PvZ

Ah.

Cool - I'll grab Dungeon Defender at some point - never played it!

It was a games for gold not that long ago.
---
Do you even praise the Sun bro?
#22Banana_ManaPosted 5/15/2014 9:55:15 AM
Yeah?

I should probably pay more attention - missed Hitman as well. :D
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
#23TyrianMolluskPosted 5/15/2014 7:10:37 PM
Jamin-7 posted...
Definitely check out Halo Wars.
Several mentions for Halo Wars now. Let's remember that playing Halo Wars is the reason the TC is asking for RTSs.

I haven't gotten around to more than a demo for the Supreme Commander games, but they're made from the old Total Annihilation game, which is one of the best RTSs I've played (second to Kohan). I should really get around to that.
#24darkharePosted 5/16/2014 10:23:50 AM
>R.U.S.E. is a damn good rts game, not a big fan of the genre i prefer tbs though.
---
>u want 2 c how high stupid can pile up? wait till i post and count how many jump on the dog-pile[obnoxious period]
#25Big_NabenduPosted 5/18/2014 11:35:05 AM
One quick note I forgot to mention. Those Tropico games are really fun. They are made by Kalypso Media. They also made Dark Star one and Port Royal 3. Fun games as well.
---
Do you even praise the Sun bro?
#26MabusIncarnatePosted 5/18/2014 6:20:48 PM
Banana_Mana posted...
Big_Nabendu posted...

Defense Grid: The Awakening There are better tower games out there

Just out of curiosity... What are the better games?

Defense Grid is the best Tower Defense game on Xbox, imo.

For me my tops are Defense grid, Defense Technica, Dungeon Defenders and Iron Brigade are all brilliant Tower Defense games. 3 of the 4 have been free, but if you liked Defense Grid so much check out Defense Technica it's very similar.

I don't think a lot of people here understand what "RTS" is as there are more Turn Based Strategy and Tower Defense games mentioned than RTS.

True RTS games are Command and Conquer 3, Red Alert 3, Supreme Commander 2, Universe at War, Halo Wars, LOTR Battle for Middle Earth, etc. "Real Time Strategy" refers to making actions in real time without pausing, taking and ending a turn, or having breaks between moves and development.

Tower Defense is not RTS, that's why it's called Tower Defense as it's own genre. I think the OP is seeking out alternatives to Halo Wars which was a true RTS.
#27TyrianMolluskPosted 5/18/2014 8:53:26 PM
MabusIncarnate posted...
True RTS games are Command and Conquer 3, Red Alert 3, Supreme Commander 2, Universe at War, Halo Wars, LOTR Battle for Middle Earth, etc. "Real Time Strategy" refers to making actions in real time without pausing, taking and ending a turn, or having breaks between moves and development.
I agree but only in part, because I have always felt a core RTS feature is slowing down or pausing time so I can get in some micromanagement, etc. I think the essential feature is the real-time interaction between units within the game, as opposed to fixed, abstracted turn-oriented interaction.

I see Tower Defense as a clear sub-genre of RTS, but it really doesn't offer what I want in an RTS. That said, I'd add Anomaly: Warzone Earth to the TD list as something of a crossover, and I've heard the XBLIG Sol Survivor was better than Defense Grid, so that might be worth a TD fan's time to check out. Armor Valley seemed like it might be interesting, too, but both of those are $5, which is asking a lot for an XBLIG.

Has anyone tried Dark Reign Redux? I remember hearing good things about Dark Reign back in the Total Annihilation days, and somehow it was ported to 360 under the XBLIGs. The timed trial expired before I got the game started, though :(