This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you purchase things with money on your account, then credit card the rest

#1SifonPosted 6/3/2014 5:56:17 PM
got 15 bucks sitting in my account but i cant get any 15 dollar games. is there no way to make this work? I read on microsofts site that picking a different payment option will then allow you the option to do this, but it surely didnt work for me earlier in the day which is why im stuck with these 15 bucks.

any way around this?
#2Super CreaturesPosted 6/3/2014 5:59:20 PM
Are you trying to make the purchase from your console or through the site?

If you are using the site, that is the problem, you can't use your account balance through the site.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3TheMuffinPosted 6/3/2014 5:59:44 PM
Buy something. It'll burn up whatever points you have then use your payment option for the rest.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#4Super CreaturesPosted 6/3/2014 6:05:46 PM
TheMuffin posted...
Buy something. It'll burn up whatever points you have then use your payment option for the rest.

Only through the console, if he is using the site this will not work because you cannot use your account balance through the site.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5Sifon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 6:07:29 PM
Im going through the console guys.

For example just tried to buy Child of Light and it wouldnt let me. My credit card is a payment option, but im trying to use the money on the xbox account first.
#6Sifon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 6:24:13 PM
Checked on xbox.com forums and pretty much you are completely in the dark whether or not a game will allow you to split the payment.

you have to switch to your credit/debit card, click confirm purchase then pray to god a box comes up saying you can use your account money.

Microsoft is just really screwing us over here. I already wasted 15 bucks earlier today trying to download the street fighter upgrade, not about to do it again hoping that it will work on Child of Light.
#7Sifon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 6:26:00 PM
not only that, every damn game should be able to use the money on your account. its money!

Its just so terrible they wont even tell you which games you can do it on, you just have to throw your money away and pray.
#8Ginsu VictimPosted 6/3/2014 6:35:48 PM(edited)
I've never had an issue with it. It always asks to use my MS credit first. Just pay with card and it will ask. It hasn't failed me yet.

You're freaking out over nothing.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#9Sifon(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 6:34:53 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
I've never had an issue with it. It always asks to use my MS credit first. Just pay with card and it will ask. It hasn't failed me yet.

go ahead and try it with the ultra street fighter iv upgrade man. you will lose your money
#10Ginsu VictimPosted 6/3/2014 6:37:49 PM
I just used my credit on Saints Row IV, which worked, but I have no plans to buy Ultra SF IV.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)