This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Loading for the console to start still takes 30 seconds

#1jason19192Posted 6/4/2014 1:46:38 PM
Great update Microsoft.
#2coldblooded88Posted 6/4/2014 1:49:52 PM
Too bad the update was actually for removing the pay wall for apps.
---
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
#3MabusIncarnatePosted 6/4/2014 1:53:17 PM
I must have missed the non-existent update notes claiming that this update was aimed at speeding up console start speed and not make the apps available to silver accounts.

Dumb thread is dumb.
#4jason19192(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2014 2:04:22 PM
MabusIncarnate posted...
I must have missed the non-existent update notes claiming that this update was aimed at speeding up console start speed and not make the apps available to silver accounts.

Dumb thread is dumb.

Console start speed should have been updated before anything else. No console in the history of this world has ever taken this long to start up a console.
#5Kurgan777Posted 6/4/2014 2:14:31 PM
coldblooded88 posted...
Too bad the update was actually for removing the pay wall for apps.

They didn't need a full update of the entire dashboard for that (that was the second very large download in the update).

There's bugs in the dashboard that have needed to be fixed for years but Microsoft doesn't care anymore.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#6MabusIncarnatePosted 6/4/2014 2:16:35 PM
Something is wrong if your console is taking that long to boot up to the point that it is annoying you. Have you tried clearing your cache, deleting your gamertag off of the console and then recovering it? Doing this alone can greatly increase your start up speeds, I did it recently and from load menu to dashboard is about 7-10 seconds.

Regardless, it's not worth complaining about 8 years later since the console has been out this long, with the One out, they aren't going to just now start working on 360 speed and performance issues. Just something you gotta deal with, but I get the feeling the size of your profile on the console right now is contributing heavily to the lagginess of your sign-in.
#7feared4powerPosted 6/4/2014 2:26:38 PM
mine loads within 5 seconds
#8infinitexxPosted 6/4/2014 2:28:47 PM
Hardware issue.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#9feared4powerPosted 6/4/2014 2:35:47 PM(edited)
infinitexx posted...
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning..

I only make 3-4 egg omelets

damn i want an omelet now
#10hoggys2much99Posted 6/4/2014 2:35:06 PM
30 seconds! Lucky you.

My ancient Falcon takes longer than that to get to the dashboard.
---
GT: hoggys2much
Don't **** with a Witch - Bayonetta