This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBOX 360 users hesitant about purchasing XBOX ONE, even with cheaper $399 option

#51darklinkfan55Posted 6/7/2014 3:37:31 AM
if i see a ton of rpgs on the system i wont mind getting it, but other than that not interested, i think the paywall is gone, so that used to be one thing that made me not want the system at all, but regardless i might just skip consoles this gen
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~
gt: emperor anakin
#52_RMT_Posted 6/7/2014 4:08:16 AM
compared to the ps4 it is too expensive, if i wanted to use skype and watch netflix i would use.... my computer!
#53Dark_SilverXPosted 6/7/2014 4:10:48 AM
I'll get One when games like Kingdom Hearts 3, Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 come out for it
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RThXu.gif
#54DragonyeuwPosted 6/7/2014 1:47:01 PM(edited)
Honestly, I feel like the new systems are more superficial upgrades than truly groundbreaking ones. This new gen is more about tidying up concepts introduced last gen, then introducing something truly worth upgrading for( IMHO of course). Maybe VR will take off, but as it stands right now my ps3/360/wii u provide plenty of entertainment in terms of games and serving as media centers for my living room. Ive long gotten over the urge of upgrading for upgrading's sake.
---
Systems owned- PS3 slim, PS2 slim, PS Vita... Wii U 32gb, Nintendo Wii, Red 3ds,SNES..... Xbox 360.....Sega Dreamcast, Sega Saturn
#55molokoPosted 6/7/2014 5:47:05 PM
I don't really care about either of the new systems at the moment.

Not only that but, the XBox One seems like it's only really better than the 360 in one way...and that is it's graphical power. But that's it. Everything else is better on the 360.

You can get themes and gamerpics.

There is avatar support and avatar items (and unlockable avatar awards in many games).

Custom soundtracks.

Some backwards compatibility with the previous system.

A faster guide to bring up while playing a game.

The indie marketplace (I know...a lot of the games aren't that great, but there are some really good games if you look hard enough and they are all cheap.)

There's probably some things I am missing, but the point is...the XBox 360 is a better system in almost every way compared to the One. It only loses in the graphics department...but so far from what I have seen of the One, it doesn't really lose by much.
#56zeuscatPosted 6/7/2014 7:38:53 PM
For me I wasn't sure if I wanted to upgrade from the 360 to Xbox one or PS4. I was t even sure if I wanted to upgrade at all. I honestly think it's more worth while for me to save for a computer as I am in need of one anyways.

If I got a computer I wouldn't need to upgrade my console as the library is almost the same and prices for PC games are cheaper and on sale way more often. Plus being able to use a 360 controller totally works with me.

However I realize my household reality that I have a gaming son and he's gonna want to play on consoles. So knowing this I've made my decision to wait to see what gets announced at E3. Games will be my deciding factor. I don't want the kinect anymore and seeing all the circles Microsoft has done since xbox one's announcement I don't know if I have much more respect for them.

Icing on the cake is the recent message I received from Microsoft. You asked and we listened. Gold isn't required for netflix and other apps. What the hell there were complaints for years. It took until now to listen? No. You didn't listen. You only want to make your service sound more on par with your competition. If you truly listened it would have been done before.

Anyways. Short version I need to see a good reason to upgrade. Games look ok and nothing special I have seen. Maybe I need to see mass effect or fallout announcements to actually care.

PC or ps4. Xbox one isn't an option unless they announce something I really want to play that is only on the xbox one.
---
"What is this!? A center for ants???"
- Derek Zoolander
#57Gamerguy92Posted 6/7/2014 8:51:37 PM
I'm most likely getting the Wii U.
---
PowerFAQs ftw.
#58FenriswolfPosted 6/8/2014 1:55:34 AM
zeuscat posted...
Icing on the cake is the recent message I received from Microsoft. You asked and we listened. Gold isn't required for netflix and other apps. What the hell there were complaints for years. It took until now to listen? No. You didn't listen. You only want to make your service sound more on par with your competition. If you truly listened it would have been done before.

You're grasping for straws here. Apparently when MS does something people dislike, it's because they're arrogant, but when they reverse an unpopulr decision, it's because they never cared. Hypocrisy much? While you're at it, you seem to have no problem that Sony is now charging for PS4 online multiplayer.
---
Hello
#59da_StoOgePosted 6/8/2014 2:15:37 AM
For me, it's a trust issue.

MS is like a cheating girlfriend and I have too much respect for myself to go back.
Actually, screw that. I'm just petty and vindictive and I want then to fail at everything they do from now until time immemorial.

See? Exactly like a cheating ex.
---
Well I'll be damned. Watch Dogs is quite good.
#60Oldskool_RulezPosted 6/8/2014 2:27:04 AM
I don't know man, the Xbox One is cool and all, but I still need to buy a Sega Saturn and a Wii with some games. I might buy an Xbox One in late 2015 or 2016 when there is a bunch of different games to choose from, but currently I have no interest in it.

It's weird right? Even though all the new systems are out, I'd rather buy older systems and games instead.
---
You don't need a reason to help people.
Don't y'all know nothin'?